Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Spanky NGD - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Spanky NGD

What's Hot
edited August 2023 in Guitar
Well, this Jet JS300 cost me £106 (£159 full price) and if you don't have a Strat-type and wanna try one out these are an absolute steal. There's literally nothing bad about it. The neck and fretwork are perfect, full fat tremolo, great finish. Shocked at the quality.

I've had 3 Fender Strats in the past and I prefer this over the lot of them; granted my playing style has changed a bit since I owned the others (I never really liked the feel of Strats in the past!)

Basswood body
Roasted Canadian Maple neck & fretboard
Bone nut
9.5" radius

Pickups are of course ceramic, but it sounds like a Strat.

The specs aren't massive, but it's the fit and finish that count. I've played two similarly priced Harley Bentons (one was the David Gilmour model) elsewhere, as well as a MIJ Fender when I was actually playing this model in the shop and it easily surpasses the HBs and there wasn't much in it compared to the MIJ Fender.

(Pics below)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3165
    But what is it? 
    (Perhaps the pic link didn’t work?)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    In the absence of any photographs, perhaps, you should tell the nice ladies and gentlemen what make/model you have purchased?
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Photo upload + mobile posting don't mix
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3165
    edited August 2023
    Ah a Jet J300?
    Just saw the pic links pop up. 

Yeah the Jets are great guitars for the money. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Even with the pics, I can't tell what it is.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

•  

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    On my smartphone, photographs hosted on imgbb tend to get horrendously elongated top to bottom. This makes the OP's blue S-Type guitar resemble an extended scale hammered dulcimer and its headstock decal illegible.
    Be seeing you.
  • In the absence of any photographs, perhaps, you should tell the nice ladies and gentlemen what make/model you have purchased?
    Clearly a BC Rich Stealth
  • SpoonManSpoonMan Frets: 138
    That looks really cool. Even like the headstock!
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    yes it deffo looks the part for me, glad it's a great player as well. super score 
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • I have the Sea Foam Green model and it's very good. I have no other strats to reference with but it has drawn admiring looks from a tech and my guitar teach. My own downside with it is that I find the neck a bit skinny. I am mostly an acoustic player so like some meat on the neck. I have the HSS version though. That means little to me though as it sounds and plays very well,in my limited experience of electrics.
  • I'm absolutely not a strat fan, but these look great for the dosh. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Still can't tell what it is from that squiggle on the peghead.
  • Sassafras said:
    Still can't tell what it is from that squiggle on the peghead.
    See my first post :)
  • YellowLedBetterManYellowLedBetterMan Frets: 1109
    edited August 2023
    Noice. I have the seafoam green HSS Jet, I'd say its my best playing guitar.

Tempted to get the SSS model and the HS Tele shaped one too
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    I think that light blue SSS one is my favourite colour of the JS300.  The designer made a good job of the headstock.  Close enough in shape to fit really well with the Strat body shape without being too radically different from a Fender.

The young Slovenian man that launched Jet Guitars did a great job with design, pricing, marketing, and securing a distributor.  I had wondered for a while who actually owned the brand, and I recently found a few articles that provide the details.  The brand was launched in 2020 by Primož Virant who designs and specifies all the models.  They are made and QC'd in China under supervision and are distributed by Hal Leonard Europe.  Prior to the launch of Jet Guitars Primož Virant already had a range of ukuleles being distributed by Hal Leonard under the brand name Flight (https://flightmusic.com), and he has expanded it to include electric guitar shaped ukes and a mini Jazz Bass.  His company name seems to be SHRED d.o.o (Družba z Omejeno Odgovornostjo i.e. Limited Liability Company).
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Forget the price for a moment - that looks fantastic.  Love that colour, the roasted maple neck looks great and the parchment  plastics are classy.  Then factor in the price - ludicrous!

@herbietheradorklift - was this brand new???  If so, who is banging them out for £106?!
  • Offset said:
    Forget the price for a moment - that looks fantastic.  Love that colour, the roasted maple neck looks great and the parchment  plastics are classy.  Then factor in the price - ludicrous!

@herbietheradorklift - was this brand new???  If so, who is banging them out for £106?!
    Brand new, but discounted! Standard price is £159 - Worth every penny. 
    I keep going back and looking at them on the Merchant City Music website (https://www.guitar.co.uk/guitars/electric/solid-body?brand=505&instock=show) but I really don't need, nor have space for, another guitar :(

• Whether or not you'd need one if you have a Strat I can't say, but I 100% recommend them for people who don't.
    I have 6 "strat" shaped guitars in various formats of pickups and switching looking at me sideways from a rack with a look that says "don't you dare cram another one in here next to us", so I definitely don't actually need another.  Admittedly 2 of them are older lower quality but "sentimental" ones I've kept from many years back, but even at that I don't need a 5th "good" one.  Have you tried selling used cars?  I think you might be good at it.
  • BillDL said:
    I have 6 "strat" shaped guitars in various formats of pickups and switching looking at me sideways from a rack with a look that says "don't you dare cram another one in here next to us", so I definitely don't actually need another.  Admittedly 2 of them are older lower quality but "sentimental" ones I've kept from many years back, but even at that I don't need a 5th "good" one.  Have you tried selling used cars?  I think you might be good at it.
    Yeah, but they're only £150 ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    Love those necks! Torrified maple looks and feels gorgeous. 

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

• Update: I set the trem to float and it's bob on, does not go out of tune :o