Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NEW! The long-awaited Digital & Modelling section - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NEW! The long-awaited Digital & Modelling section

What's Hot
We should probably have done this a while ago, but thanks to a reminder from @Fiftyshadesofjay we've finally done it.

In terms of what goes in here, there's obviously going to be a lot of overlap with Amps and FX. As a general guideline, if it's something to do with the digital part of an amp, or it's a modelling pedal, it goes in Digital & Modelling. Obviously if you're posting about a Helix, AxeFX, Kemper or Quad Cortex...yep, this is the place. We've moved a bunch of threads in here to give a general flavour of what belongs, just to lend a bit of a helping hand.

I suspect there's going to be a fair bit of suck-it-and-see with this, but let's just see how it goes. Have at it!
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Awesome, really cool to see this implemented!  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Good idea. It's definitely a mainstream enough part of modern guitar playing to warrant its own section. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1927
    Nice one. Top job moving everything seamlessly too!
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    sgosden said:
    Top job moving everything seamlessly too!
    Let us know if you think there’s something which hasn’t been moved, and vice versa. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    sgosden said:
    Nice one. Top job moving everything seamlessly too!
    Thanks :) We only moved recent threads. Just didn't want to start with an empty page!
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Wow ,well done, I saw the post the other day ,it’s a credit to you acting so fast ,especially when it’s all done in your own time . I commend you 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 641
    Genuinely exciting and pleased the admins have acknowledged feedback proactively. As you say could have been done a while back but might have been 'niche', but now it's very much mainstream I think it's the right move. 

Will be some nuance needed in how some stuff is discussed (Fender Tonemasters and Strymon fx and similar will crossover a lot I guess) but we'll muddle through!
  • NikcNikc Frets: 613
    Good idea, nicely done.
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3116
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    NelsonP said:
    I still have the same objections to it, but there are a lot more worthwhile modelling products out there now; it didn't make sense then, but it makes marginally more sense today.

And...there's still the option of reversing the change if it turns out to be ridiculous ;)
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    I think this when I see the word "modelling"

https://youtu.be/GEnx9xS79Lc?si=tJRgWy51Xky7Wv-s
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    edited September 2023
    The question about a Kemper profile for Doug & Pat's 1965 VOX AC10 belongs in this new section.
    Be seeing you.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7159
    Dunno, think it was timely 10 years ago when first requested but now I think it would be more appropriate to create a new section called "legacy amps" for the glowing bottles.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Is it best to buy a modeller or an amp? Or a combination of both,eg do amps have modelling qualities?
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Is it best to buy a modeller or an amp? Or a combination of both,eg do amps have modelling qualities?
    Yes, and maybe. 

Hope that helps. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Sporky said:
    Is it best to buy a modeller or an amp? Or a combination of both,eg do amps have modelling qualities?
    Yes, and maybe. 

Hope that helps. 
    Clear as mud!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CleckoClecko Frets: 265
    Finally, a place for all the cool kids to hang out!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter