Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). SCRATCH-IT! Original Custom Scratchplates & Pickguards to YOUR Design . . . - Made in the UK Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

SCRATCH-IT! Original Custom Scratchplates & Pickguards to YOUR Design . . .

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Do you have to worry about copyright issues at all with your images?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TimAlTimAl Frets: 25
    Do you have to worry about copyright issues at all with your images?
    Yes, I do & I fully expect a knock at the door one day from Mr Duff or Mr Gulf - although to be fair I've only generated a couple using trademarks/copyrighted images - the rest are either created by myself or are copyright-free images - but as I'm not bringing the said 'brands' into disrepute or cutting into their profits I suspect I'd receive a hearty pat on the back for promoting said brands to a wider audience . . .

Probably ;-)

SCRATCH-IT!
    Custom scratchplates - easily create your own online in seconds
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TimAl said:
    Do you have to worry about copyright issues at all with your images?
    Yes, I do & I fully expect a knock at the door one day from Mr Duff or Mr Gulf - although to be fair I've only generated a couple using trademarks/copyrighted images - the rest are either created by myself or are copyright-free images - but as I'm not bringing the said 'brands' into disrepute or cutting into their profits I suspect I'd receive a hearty pat on the back for promoting said brands to a wider audience . . .

Probably ;-)
    Fair enough ;) I'm sure if you aren't doing it to add value or claim it is a product endorsed by them that's probably enough - I suppose you could argue what you are doing is no more illegal than someone taking pictures at disneyland and printing them at boots - it costs the same whether it's a picture of mickey mouse or an old pair of pants, licensed or not.

Best of luck with the business, I'll keep you in mind if I'm ever in need...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    Fancy talking Oil City branded plates? Might be an interesting alternative for us to selling branded T shirts or mugs :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    @ littlethoughts - thank you, & very concisely & eloquently put too. Ultimately I'm not cashing in on them, I'm helping to spread the good word of their brands. Seriously, I think my moral code is very good but I'm not so sure about it being the same as the letter of the law . . .

@ TheGuitarWeasel - that sounds a mighty fine idea - love the idea of working together. Drop me a line to hello@originalscratchplates.com when you have a mo & we can talk turkey & run through a few ideas.

Cheers
    Tim

SCRATCH-IT!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2459
    tFB Trader
    Tim, Love this! if you were supplied clear plastic perspex can you print on anything?

thanks

Michael
    Modulus_Amps;624313" said:
    Tim, Love this! if you were supplied clear plastic perspex can you print on anything?

thanks

Michael
    Thanks Michael, that's very kind of you to say.

We print in process colour onto exterior grade vinyl & bond that to clear acrylic - so in principle Yes!

We use shatterproof acrylic - as it's a lot more forgiving when fixing - but am more than happy to discuss other options.

Cheers
    Tim

SCRATCH-IT!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2459
    tFB Trader
    Great, I will drop you an e-mail

Thanks

Michael
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Cheers Michael - replied :-)

SCRATCH-IT!
  • bignormbignorm Frets: 191
    edited May 2015
    I'm looking for a couple of scratch plates for my Prs EG's
    One for my EGII
    http://i.imgur.com/5Q1Mg3J.jpg
    plus one for my EG3
    http://i.imgur.com/tCHn0ny.jpg
    bignorm said:
    I'm looking for a couple of scratch plates for my Prs EG's
    One for my EGII
    http://i.imgur.com/5Q1Mg3J.jpg
    plus one for my EG3
    http://i.imgur.com/tCHn0ny.jpg
    Hello there bignorm - I'd be delighted to generate plates for your PRS EGs, but I don't currently have the exact templates on file so I'd need scans of your originals to generate the cutter guides. 

The beauty of my plates is that you can have any printed design on them that you wish, although solid colours are not a problem at all.

Pricing is £29.99 each all-in - including generating the cutter & delivery to your (UK) door - please drop me a line to: hello@originalscratchplates.com & we can take it from there.

Cheers
    Tim

SCRATCH-IT!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    edited May 2015 tFB Trader
    Nice. Migth be just what I'm looking for. Just realised I have a project that needs a different scratch plate. Building a telecaster deluxe with two P90s, anything like that on file?
  • bevanjon74bevanjon74 Frets: 18
    Hi Tim - just to let you know I've dropped you an email through your site about a pickguard for my mim 50s strat .. Looking to make it more "fun" - do you do 8 hole strat guards?
    Nice. Migth be just what I'm looking for. Just realised I have a project that needs a different scratch plate. Building a telecaster deluxe with two P90s, anything like that on file?
    I don't currently have one on file 4114Effects, but no problem in generating one if you have an original that I can work from. Scanning LH & RH sides with a bit of an overlap & Emailing me hi-res JPEGs to hello@originalscratchplates.com is ideal.

Unfortunately it's a mahoosive plate so it's right at the top of my price range I'm afraid at £34.99 - although that's an all-in price to your (UK) door.

Hi Tim - just to let you know I've dropped you an email through your site about a pickguard for my mim 50s strat .. Looking to make it more "fun" - do you do 8 hole strat guards?
    Hello there bevanjon74 - thanks very much - no problem at all & I've just replied to your Email.

Cheers
    Tim

SCRATCH-IT!
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    @TimAl ended up using an old scratchplate I forgot I had. £35 would have been fine for a custom scratchplate though, no need to apologise about the price.

I actually ended up drawing a cad file of the pickguard though, so I can let you have a dxf anyway if you like? Just another option you can add to your site. :-)
    @TimAl ended up using an old scratchplate I forgot I had. £35 would have been fine for a custom scratchplate though, no need to apologise about the price.

I actually ended up drawing a cad file of the pickguard though, so I can let you have a dxf anyway if you like? Just another option you can add to your site. :-)
    G'mornin' 4114Effects,

Good for you - always good to recycle!

The DXF would be terrific if you could send it across please - as every little helps!

Hello@originalscratchplates.com

Cheers & Happy Monday(s)
    Tim

SCRATCH-IT!
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2324
    @TimAl - no add to cart option in Safari?
    PVO_Dave;804665" said:
    Howdy PVO_Dave,

You should find that if you select the relevant options for your guitar/bass then the cart button will appear.

Please let me know if this doesn't happen for you - all browsers are slightly different so occasionally there are glitches.

Cheers
    Tim

SCRATCH-IT!
    TimAl said:
    PVO_Dave;804665" said:
    Howdy PVO_Dave,

You should find that if you select the relevant options for your guitar/bass then the cart button will appear.

Please let me know if this doesn't happen for you - all browsers are slightly different so occasionally there are glitches.

Cheers
    Tim
    I will try again tomorrow @TimAl but earlier, I chose the guitar, uploaded the image, but I didn't see the quantity or add to cart button as per the guide. 
    That'd be great - if you still have a problem please do let me know which model is the problem, or if it's happening on all models.

To be doubly-sure, you need to select the body colour, neck, pickup & knob colours before the Cart button appears - although it depends on which model you're viewing.

Hope that helps
    T

SCRATCH-IT!
    Hi @TimAl

Managed to get an order through, definitely some issues on the site though. The main problem seems to be when you have to choose the knob colour (must resist obvious knob gag), it changes it to a bass! This is how it looks after I clicked back on the red Strat.

One other thing too, on the design I submitted, it showed a bit of the yellow background for the default image, it needs to be white, hopefully this will make sense when you see the order.

Ta,
    Dave.
    PVO_Dave said:
    Hi @TimAl

Managed to get an order through, definitely some issues on the site though. The main problem seems to be when you have to choose the knob colour (must resist obvious knob gag), it changes it to a bass! This is how it looks after I clicked back on the red Strat.
    One other thing too, on the design I submitted, it showed a bit of the yellow background for the default image, it needs to be white, hopefully this will make sense when you see the order.

Ta,
    Dave.
    That's very much for the order & heads-up about the image issue Dave - much appreciated.

I've been flat-out today but will send across a visual of your plate tomorrow to ensure all's ok & will look at the darned website using odd images!

Will be in touch.

Cheers
    Tim

SCRATCH-IT!
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6038
    tFB Trader
    ordered a custom telecaster plate for the guitar show telecaster. very excited
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    ThorpyFX said:
    ordered a custom telecaster plate for the guitar show telecaster. very excited<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/d123b4ea/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>
    Thanks so much ThorpyFX - that's terrific news.

I've just sent over a visual & template to your Email address but thorpe@ is bouncing back to me so I've used support@ - please let me know if you receive it ok.

Many thanks & Merry Weekend
    Tim

SCRATCH-IT!
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6038
    edited October 2015 tFB Trader
    TimAl said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    ordered a custom telecaster plate for the guitar show telecaster. very excited<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/d123b4ea/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>
    Thanks so much ThorpyFX - that's terrific news.

I've just sent over a visual & template to your Email address but thorpe@ is bouncing back to me so I've used support@ - please let me know if you receive it ok.

Many thanks & Merry Weekend
    Tim

ah that's because it's thorpy@thorpyfx.com., I've got the email though thanks!. I'll check the fit finish etc tonight
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com