Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Roland JC-22 - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Roland JC-22

What's Hot
I'm considering an amp (for home use only) that will only ever be used for clean tones. A little bit of reverb is distortion enough for me nowadays. Something a bit warm, clean and suitable for jazz. I like the look of  these & I have fond memories of a guitarist I knew who used a Roland Cube with an ancient semi-acoustic and produced very nice tones. What are your opinions of these amps please ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 5837
    I was underwhelmed. There’s a low but noticeable hiss which I found annoying as a solo, at home player. The clean sound with no chorus was sterile and bland - a small dose of the chorus effect improved it enormously but I still couldn’t love it - that hiss.
    But lots of people love them so…
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BluesLoverBluesLover Frets: 521
    Try a Boss dual cube LX. The JC Clean and US Combo settings could be what you are looking for. The EQ can be adjusted to give a warm sound. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 29588
    I really liked the one I had, but yes, without the chorus effect it's just boring and PA-like. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3631
    They're pretty meh... the one I tried had no character at all and to me it felt "hard". Difficult to explain but there was no give in them. I had to add a compresser to get it a bit squishy.
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 934
    I loved the retro looks, disliked the rest. The cubes have more options but less mojo (if that’s a factor). 
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Thanks everyone. You've pretty much convinced me that this idea is a non-runner. I'd wondered why there was so little discussion around on them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter