Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). SOLD on eBay : Maricela Juarez Seymour Duncan SH-1 '59 - Parts £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

SOLD on eBay : Maricela Juarez Seymour Duncan SH-1 '59

theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 961
edited September 2023 in Parts £
Greetings, fellow travellers.

Here, for sale are two powerful buckers of hum - one covered, one not. 

First is the Monty's Full Monty bridge pickup. Looks like Raw Nickel to me - I could be wrong though. Nice aged look to it too. I like it - extremely clear and full of power. Four wires so you can split its signal should it prove too powerful. Plenty of wire on this one. 

105 of your earth pounds gets it shipped special delivery.  SOLD

The blurb from Matt's website:
Our Full Monty Humbucker (formerly the GT500) is a massively beefed up version of a classic humbucker. Conceived to be the most versatile Humbucker imaginable, the Full Monty is capable of covering a simply mindboggling range of tones from sweet, bright cleans to massive rock tones and beyond. 
Our Full Monty Humbucker was actually the first pickup that Monty’s ever made, designed by Matt (he’s the boss), for personal use in a covers band. The idea was to marry the big, growly bass of a high output Humbucker with the complex mids and crystalline highs of a good PAF. In our experience, many higher-output humbuckers either have a nice bass response and skinny treble, or thick treble and loose, muddy bass. We absolutely felt we could fix this and, after much tinkering, arrived at the Full Monty.
The key to getting this right was taking inspiration from vintage pickup design. Whilst the Full Monty is overwound, it’s nowhere near as hot as some high-output Humbuckers. These pickups are more than pokey enough to give your amp a little kicking, but not so hot as to strangle the life out of it. The 42-gauge wire and traditional coil offset ensure a lively top-end and dynamic response. The result is a pickup that is as dynamic, responsive and clear as any good low-output Humbucker with all the fatness of higher-output Humbucker.
Scatterwound using 42 gauge Formvar (neck pickup) and Plain Enamel (Bridge pickup) wire:
Bridge – Alnico II, 9k
Next is a Seymour Duncan '59 (neck - SH-1N) pickup wound by Maricela Juarez herself. By hand? Who knows. She touched it, though. The J is her. Looks like it's been in the wars this one, but it works well, and is ultra sweet and need I tell you? It is powerful. Look at its creator.

For a neck pickup, the vintage correct, braided, wire is a bit shorter than I think it should be, so the next owner will need to bear that in mind and perhaps extend it using old and new fashioned methods, easily accessed online or from a local guitar emporium. 

Price is 75 great British pounds sent via very special delivery.

The blurb from SD's website:
The ’59 neck model is one of our most popular pickups because it’s so versatile. Like its bridge-position sibling, the ’59 neck is designed in the spirit of the original P.A.F. humbuckers of the 1950s, with sweet sustain, and a warm, full sound that still possesses a clear attack. We’ve made a few refinements to slightly modernize the design and make it more adaptable to different styles. The high end is slightly boosted for improved pick-attack clarity and the mids are a little scooped for an open, smooth sound that’s great for preserving the clarity of the individual notes in a chord. The ’59 neck was born to accompany the ’59 bridge, but countless players pair it with a high output bridge humbucker, such as a JB or Custom. It’s also a popular choice for humbucker-routed Telecasters.
The pickup!

Screws and springs are included, but you will have to fit them yourself.

Why not buy both and save yourself £10?

Wonder what it'll look like? Like this!

An ultra powerful war machine. 

Why am I selling them?
Because I prefer single coils.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments