Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Guitar case Japanese or Gibson - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Guitar case Japanese or Gibson

Hi can anyone help Identify this guitar case. 
I thought it was a Japanese case from the 70s but all the ones I have owned have the metal piping around the case and a different material.

I have tried a les Paul Japanese copy but the neck support in the case is too low so guessing it maybe for a slimmer bodied guitar .

Any ideas

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• PALPAL Frets: 465
    IIt looks like an SG case probably made in the far east.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Definitely 1970s Japanese.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1230
    edited August 2023
    Interesting topic. I have found that Les Pauls fit in Cases on an individual basis. I still own several, and I find Les Paul (A) fits in a Hiscox Case better than in a Gibson Case, whilst Les Paul (B) is a good fit in one Gibson Case, but isn't a good fit in another Gibson Case. Les Paul (C) will fit in either a Gibson Case, or a Hiscox Case!
    Interesting topic. I have found that Les Pauls fit in Cases on an individual basis. I still own several, and I find Les Paul (A) fits in a Hiscox Case better than in a Gibson Case, whilst Les Paul (B) is a good fit in one Gibson Case, but isn't a good fit in another Gibson Case. Les Paul (C) will fit in either a Gibson Case, or a Hiscox Case!
    This is a perfect illustration of the total lack of quality control over the neck angle of Gibsons.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    Definitely 1970s Japanese.
    certainly - all the supplier/distributors of the day had these/similar in their catalogue
    ICBM said:
    This is a perfect illustration of the total lack of quality control over the neck angle of Gibsons.
    Maybe, but they're all good guitars. Begs the question, would you rather have guitars that play and sound good, or something that's simply made precisely?? Obviously it would be nice to combine the two together, but I'm happy to prefer the former option over the latter.

Maybe, but they're all good guitars. Begs the question, would you rather have guitars that play and sound good, or something that's simply made precisely?? Obviously it would be nice to combine the two together, but I'm happy to prefer the former option over the latter.
    In my opinion the ones with overly steep neck angles aren’t that good. If the bridge is too high they suffer from tuning problems, feel odd, and usually don’t sound that good. (Even if the tailpiece is raised or top-wrapped.) Others may disagree… but personally I wouldn’t buy one where the bridge has to be set high.

The differences are more subtle than this though I haven't subject the guitars to intense scrutiny, as I've found a Hard Case to suit each one, Certainly, none of them have anything obviously unusual such as the excessively high bridge that you mention.
  • Thanks for all the help , was hoping it was an older gibson SG  case like this one

1965 ('64 spec) Gibson SG Standard + OHSC (atbguitars.com)