Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Stratocaster wiring - installing Hot Rails. - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Stratocaster wiring - installing Hot Rails.

What's Hot
Wiring question. In this diagram, why is there no ground wire from the selector switch to the volume pot ? And also, why like other wiring I've seen for strats are the ground wires soldered to the base of the selector switch rather than the volume pot ? Thanks.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    It’s assumed to be connected via the shielding foil.

However, this is bad practice - solder the pickup grounds and the jack ground both to the volume pot - that guarantees a good connection and minimises noise.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BilkoBilko Frets: 26
    ICBM said:
    It’s assumed to be connected via the shielding foil.

However, this is bad practice - solder the pickup grounds and the jack ground both to the volume pot - that guarantees a good connection and minimises noise.
    Thank you ICBM. Much obliged.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter