Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). FS: Matamp GTL 2 ***SOLD*** - Amps £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

FS: Matamp GTL 2 ***SOLD***

ricorico Frets: 1219
edited August 2023 in Amps £
For sale is my Matamp GTL 2 with fetching green tolex and 'gold' hardwear. I am the second owner of this amp and it was custom made for the first owner as you can see from the faceplate. It was built by Dave Green in 2005 and the headline specs are below but it is well known that Dave never built the same amp twice:

- 80w clean power, possibly double this at full blast. It is LOUD.
- footswitchable boost, so with careful setting it can operate as a psuedo two channel amp
- half and full power switch
- effects loop (series and line level)
- 4,8, 16 ohm outputs
- heavy, at least 17kg
- big, a lunchbox it is not

It was serviced in late 2021 by JPF Amps and has a fresh set of EL34s. It has barely been played since. Cosmetically, it is in pretty good nick and all the controls work as you'd expect. 

Quite tricky to price this but based on past and present eBay and Reverb ads, i'd say £850 is pretty reasonable. No trades please. I'd rather not ship this but will look into it if you cover costs etc. I am based in London and can drive to a mutually agreeable location.

Do ask any questions! 

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Great price for a great amp, Matamp are the real deal when it comes to tone, power and delivery.
    GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ricorico Frets: 1219
    Great price for a great amp, Matamp are the real deal when it comes to tone, power and delivery.
    GLWTS
    Thank you! A few nibbles but no bites yet.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter