Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Value of Retro Sonic Flanger - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Value of Retro Sonic Flanger

What's Hot
TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 144
Hi

Quick question... I live abroad, but will be in the US in Nov and then probably back visiting family in the UK over the winter.

Whilst in the US, I was thinking of picking up a brand new Retro Sonic flanger. I think an EM-style flanger is what I want my chorus pedal to be!!

If I were to buy the flanger, but preferred the chorus, how much roughly would I get for one of these in the UK? Assume mint, no velcro, boxed. 

To be clear - I'm not looking to try to make any money here... just to have an idea how much I'd lose if it turned out I preferred the chorus pedal I already have.

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 291
    Not sure of current value but I sold one last year on Reverb for £195 including delivery. I doubt you’d get that much today as prices in general are going down.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 144
    Thanks @DoctorX , that's helpful.

Any other comments welcome!

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    I just can't imagine preferring a chorus to a flanger.
    Such a thing would be unthinkable and entering into the realm of fantasy.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Haha, perhaps. That’s why I’m looking to get a Flanger. 

But you never know!
  • Have you tried the Mooer one? Lots of people rave about them and say they're very close to an EM flanger.
    victorludorum said:
    Have you tried the Mooer one? Lots of people rave about them and say they're very close to an EM flanger.
    I haven't. Here in Argentina there's no way of trying anything. In demos it sounds good, but I've read lots of comments about a volume drop which I would struggle with. A tiny boost would be OK, but a drop would be a PITA in my setup.

Why companies don't include a Vol knob as standard on modulation pedals is beyond me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1170
    edited August 2023
    TJT1979 said:
    victorludorum said:
    Have you tried the Mooer one? Lots of people rave about them and say they're very close to an EM flanger.
    I haven't. Here in Argentina there's no way of trying anything. In demos it sounds good, but I've read lots of comments about a volume drop which I would struggle with. A tiny boost would be OK, but a drop would be a PITA in my setup.

Why companies don't include a Vol knob as standard on modulation pedals is beyond me.
    PastFX have a volume control on their Elastic Mattress, though I think it might be internal
    Seziertisch said:
    TJT1979 said:
    victorludorum said:

PastFX have a volume control on their Elastic Mattress, though I think it might be internal
    I think the latest version has it on a trimpot on the front (ie. external but small).