Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Corona Chorus problem - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Corona Chorus problem

What's Hot
PopDufcPopDufc Frets: 3
Any help out there. I bought a used Corona Chorus. Huge variety of Chorus tones using the Toneprint. My problem is that I can change the toneprints using the lead and laptop but not using my mobile on the pickup. Phone volume and pickup volume are full on. I've tried single coil and humbucker.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Do you have the pedal switched on. It doesn’t work if the pedal is in bypass mode
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Do you have any effects switched on in front of it? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • No, I'd usually do it with just the one I want to change switched on
  • No, I'd usually do it with just the one I want to change switched on
    That’s what I meant but I worded it badly. If you’ve got any drives, compressors etc switched on in the chain before the corona it can mess up the zx81 loading noise (yes, I am an 80’s child)
  • PopDufcPopDufc Frets: 3
    It's last in the chain with nothing switched on apart from the Corona. Green LED on.

• Maybe something in the chain doen't have true bypass and it's messing with the signal
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 618
    Check if it needs a firmware update. I vaguely remember my Dreamscape which is basically a Corona, exhibiting the same behaviour and the uodate enabled it.
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3293
    I have the Sub n Up. I have certainly found tgat some pickups - noiseless strat ones - don't work with the app. 
  • Thanks. I have a Sub n Up mini that works. Think I need to buy a single coil guitar. I'm all humbucker at present
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I'll try an update too!
  • ScreamingDaveScreamingDave Frets: 468
    edited September 2023
    PopDufc said:
    Thanks. I have a Sub n Up mini that works. Think I need to buy a single coil guitar. I'm all humbucker at present
    My Corona Mini and HOF Mini both work with the app and humbuckers, so I can’t see it being that

But, having said that, I wouldn’t want to ruin a perfectly good justification for buying a new guitar, so it probably is that. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I need a single coil guitar now!!! Looking at Sunn Mustangs as a project. 
  • It will work with humbuckers inc. single coil sized. You do need to turn up the volume on your phone and beam directly over the pole pieces.
  • Yup. Tried all that.i have a Sub n Up mini that works
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    PopDufc said:
    Thanks. I have a Sub n Up mini that works. Think I need to buy a single coil guitar. I'm all humbucker at present
    Install a coil split? Drastic though lol
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    I would try factory resetting it via USB
  • I'll try the reset. I do have coil split on my tele esquire copy.
  • I did a reset and now works wonderfully.  I now have TC electronic Corona and Syb n Up mini. First and last on my little board. Both keepers.