Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Subverting expectations: VOB - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Subverting expectations: VOB

I'd never heard of them until recently but some very, very cool playing going on here - and certainly not your typical band!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7cCiMLHymE
Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• KDSKDS Frets: 211
    Really good :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3380
    Great band.

One of my favourites.  I think they are one of the best doom bands around.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Heard them on 6Music the other day. Talented Indonesian Muslim three piece that rock hard.
    Very refreshing change to see a non Japanese all female rock band, hoping they do really well.
  • I'd never heard of them until recently but some very, very cool playing going on here - and certainly not your typical band!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7cCiMLHymE
    Oh wow I like this a lot. Thanks now I got something new to listen to! 
  • MARVlNMARVlN Frets: 77
    edited August 2023
    Enjoying this - thanks for the heads up. Weirdly I get some Rage Against the Machine vibes from some of these tracks - something about the rythym and vocals in parts.

Edit: just reached the part with the Killing in the Name cover - I'd like to say I wrote the above before I actually heard some RATM...
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    Moved to Music.
    <space for hire>
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    @earwighoney now was that a sarcastic post or not...?

I like Voice of Baceprot, they're very good.  Seems amazing that they should appear from a country like Indonesia, but I guess we really know very little about the cultures of other countries.
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2109
    Killer stuff.  Thanks for the post!
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3380
    No sarcasm.  Of modern doom bands, the two bands I seem to revisit the most are Yob and Pallbearer.