Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Andy Partridge from XTC on song writing - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Andy Partridge from XTC on song writing

What's Hot
goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
Great video of how he wrote some great tracks:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Interesting stuff. 

There appears to be a second instalment in which Partridge explains some compositions in an open tuning.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Swindon boy made good.  Loved XTC back in the day.  I must admit I wouldn't have recognised him from this, but he'd probably say the same about me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Great watch, thanks for posting it. XTC are massively influential to UK music, but not recognised as often as they deserve.
    And huge kudos to Andy for championing the Harley Benton brand :-D
    I love to see a talented snob free zone  ;) :+1: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 9752
    We've been doing Senses working overtime in my indie eighties band. I was hoping he was going to cover that because the guitar parts are mental and I'm close but not quite right yet. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    Danny1969 said:
    We've been doing Senses working overtime in my indie eighties band. I was hoping he was going to cover that because the guitar parts are mental and I'm close but not quite right yet. 
    Maybe you could ping the YT channel guy? He's a huge XTC fan and has done quite a few videos of their music.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    I’ve watched that many times. My mate lives very near him but hasn’t spotted him, I don’t think he’s looking hard enough. I think XTC are better than The Beatles.
    I play at my dining room table.
  • pumkinpumkin Frets: 132
    Thanks for sharing…  I think there are actually 4 parts to the interview… all equally enlightening… 
     what a great songwriter/musician he is … and Chanan Hanpal’s (the interviewer) channel is worth checking out too. 
  • drippycatdrippycat Frets: 124
    Listening to him you can understand & admire the creativity of XTC. It's watching a very smart mind wandering off the beaten track and freely playing with whatever it finds. Then bringing it back and doing something that's both witty yet accessible to other people.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2124
    Huge XTC fan here. I met Andy and Colin more than 20 years ago and they were completely charming.