Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Pickups FS - Cream T, Radioshop, Guitarmory, Seymour Duncan CS, Bare Knuckle, G&L - Parts £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Pickups FS - Cream T, Radioshop, Guitarmory, Seymour Duncan CS, Bare Knuckle, G&L

nacnudnainacnudnai Frets: 154
edited September 2023 in Parts £
It is time to admit I am quickly running out of room to store more pickups in my house - and, tbh, its becoming increasingly hard to hide the sheer number of pickups in my house from my significant other. 

I thought I'd offer them here at decent prices before resorting to ebay, with postage included. I feel they are priced somewhat fairly, so whilst I am open to offers I'm not interested in lowball offers. Trades is probably unlikely too (given the space issue), although doesn't hurt to ask.

I can also provide any DC readings or measurements if you need them, just ask.

Cream T Eliminators - aged nickel covers - £140

I am selling these a little bit cheaper because of a little burn mark on the label of the bridge pickup, and because it's obvious the covers have been removed. They come with the original humoungous box, with complementary wasted space.

However, they are in pretty good condition otherwise. Short leg, braided wire, 50mm pole spacing on bridge. Under the covers, the neck pickup is double black, and the bridge pickup is zebra.

Those looking in detail may notice that these pickups have ceramic magnets. From what I remember, the bridge is around 9k and the neck is around 8k. Had I not removed the covers, I don't think I would have twigged that they are ceramic. They do handle gain quite well, and cut through nicely. As far as ceramic pickups go, these don't do a bad job of the hot PAF thing.

I also note that the covers have not been soldered back on. If you want them soldered on, let me know beforehand and I'll try and solder them back on without burning the stickers.

Radioshop ID:Chris Buck - £150 {SOLD}

Really nice set of Strat pickups - these are the Alnico 5 ones, not the Alnico 3 ones (those are the CB57?). I found these to be particularly nice in positions 2 and 4. However, I have a set of Mark Foleys and SD Antiquties that now dominate my Alnico 5 strat pickup choices.

Enough wire for wiring into a typical Strat. Covers have slight play wear. Original box and little certificates. 

Guitarmory Orion set - white - £110

Bought these to test in a Strandberg, ultimately preferred SD Black Winters and BKP Black Hawks. These aren't cream, they are pure white with black poles.

These are drilled out for direct mount, and have enough wire for more modern guitars (ala, Musicman, ESP, etc.) but the neck pickup cable would need extending for a Les Paul.

Bridge is ceramic, neck is alnico 5 - as you can tell by the baseplates which have been etched in by a 5 year old. 

Not ridiculously overwound. They'll do most metal tones.

Seymour Duncan Custom Shop '78 set - black with gold poles/slugs (oo lala) - £150

Actually a little unsure about getting rid of these, but I haven't used them in ages. 

Details are on the box. Plenty of wire - they've been played but are in good condition.

And I think they look quite nice.

Bare Knuckle Sinners - base plates on every pickup (yep) - £140

Though on paper these are pure Yngwie (and they do that very well), these were actually more "Stratty" than I expected. And yep, every pickup is base plated for the extra oomph that they clearly need...

Enough wire for typical strat wiring. Covers are looking a tad old.

G&L MFDs (strat size) from an S-500 - £90

Thought I'd see what these are all about, and to compare them to the more normal G&L Legacy pickups. I ended up preferring the more normal pickups.

Each is labelled for position (nice of the previous owner). Enough wire for typical strat layouts. They are also pretty damn tall, but did fit in my Legacy absolute fine.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• strat84strat84 Frets: 301
    PM sent re the Radioshop set 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • nacnudnainacnudnai Frets: 154
    Radioshops sold!