Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fender H S S Scratchplate with pickups and circuit,reduce down to mater tone and volume.. - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Fender H S S Scratchplate with pickups and circuit,reduce down to mater tone and volume..

What's Hot
I am not a fan of the volume control placement on a Stratocaster..
My other Strats are reduced down to 2 controls because of this..
Is there a way to easily do this with the Fender American Performer Strat Hss..??
Hopefully keeping all the top end and the Humbucker not turning dull..
I think it also has the Greased Buttock Tone Circuit..
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    According to this https://support.fender.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/KA-01209 it's going to easiest to remove the tone control for the single coils, move the volume pot down to the middle hole, and connect the Greased Buttock to the volume control terminal on the switch.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KevSKevS Frets: 309
    ICBM said:
    According to this https://support.fender.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/KA-01209 it's going to easiest to remove the tone control for the single coils, move the volume pot down to the middle hole, and connect the Greased Buttock to the volume control terminal on the switch.
    Thanks,Huge Help...Ta.. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    I have an HSS Am Perf Stratocaster. Both tone controls were Greebo types. 
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KevSKevS Frets: 309
    I only know the term ."Greebo" as a Black Country ,Music Genre..
    Do these type of tone controls need special consideration,,?
    Do they change the advice above because of this..?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    KevS said:

Do these type of tone controls need special consideration,,?
    Do they change the advice above because of this..?
    Looking at the schematic they're both wired as standard tone controls to the switch, so you should be able to use either of them as a master tone.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    KevS said:
    I only know the term "Greebo" as a Black Country Music Genre.

Do these type of tone controls need special consideration?
    Do they change the advice above because of this?
    Greebo and Greased Buttock are just some forumites putting the mockers on the Fender Grease Bucket tone control circuit.

The connections from the selector switch to the tone control pots are the same as a regular Stratocaster schematic diagram.

My preference is to add a link wire on the selector switch so that the lower tone pot serves both the bridge and centre pickups.
    Be seeing you.