Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Oil City Pickups workshop clear out the continuing story ... - Parts £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Oil City Pickups workshop clear out the continuing story ...

What's Hot
OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
edited August 2023 in Parts £ tFB Trader
Here we have a few interesting clear out pickups to tickle your collective fancies. 

The original prototype Bridge Blackbird Soapybucker ... yes, an Oil City Masterwound Blackbird in a P90 case. 
Cover is lightly relic - pickup is new and boxed ... having only been clipped into a demo guitar with solderless connections.
Boxed and guaranteed £70 delivered. SOLD 

6.5k Jaguar bridge pickup potted into cover while claw attached so very squeal free. 
Boxed and guaranteed £50 Delivered SOLD   

Oil City Masterwound HEL bridge and neck  humbuckers 52 and 50 spaced with hand relic matt black covers.
These are 22k bridge and 10k neck - brutal but still with a good treble response. 
Normal retail £272.00 
Boxed and guaranteed £150.00 Delivered

And stars of the show: 
Oil City Masterwound bridge Tokaido Bullet 52mm (think Ibanez Super 70) alnico 8 PAF and matching zebra Dynamite 50mm neck (think Gibson T-Top) wound with new old stock 70s wire! Vintage braided hookup and short legs.
Retail price normally £252.00
Boxed, guaranteed and delivered £170.00  SOLD

Nearly forgot ... Redneck Telecaster Bridge pickup ... classic vintage output (think Joe Barden)
One of the three original prototypes 6k
boxed and guaranteed £50 delivered SOLD

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    edited August 2023
    I'll take the P90 Blackbird prototype, please.

PPF&F payment sent. 
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    I'll take the P90 Blackbird prototype, please.

PPF&F payment sent. 
    It's yours ... PM me the delivery address :-) 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • nacnudnainacnudnai Frets: 154
    I'll take the Tokaido Bullets plz - I will DM
    tFB Trader
    nacnudnai said:
    I'll take the Tokaido Bullets plz - I will DM
    And DM returned 

• SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Here we have a few interesting clear out pickups to tickle your collective fancies. 

The original prototype Bridge Blackbird Soapybucker ... yes, an Oil City Masterwound Blackbird in a P90 case. 
    Cover is lightly relic - pickup is new and boxed ... having only been clipped into a demo guitar with solderless connections.
    Boxed and guaranteed £70 delivered. SOLD 

Oooh. i didn't know you did this format.

If I ever make another guitar I'll be in touch for some.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Sporky said:
    They were announced, on April 28th, in a Discussion with a title that started, P90 Sized Humbuckers. If that was in the Guitars section, it has probably been relegated to sub-page 15 by now.

Be seeing you.
  • I'll take the Jaguar pickup Ash! PM incoming 
    The Blackbird has landed.  :)

I now need to decide which P90 guitar gets to go under the soldering iron?
    Be seeing you.
    tFB Trader
    Maybe a Masterwound Dynamite Soapybucker coming up shortly ... 

• SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Sporky said:
    They were announced, on April 28th, in a Discussion with a title that started, P90 Sized Humbuckers. If that was in the Guitars section, it has probably been relegated to sub-page 15 by now.

And I even commented in that thread, which shows either that I'm a stinky fibber or that my memory is rubbish.

Could be both, of course. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I have a sneaking suspicion that I would either play safe by commissioning something like a Soapfighter A4 Neck or make awkward demands for a Tokaido Bullet or an underwound The Void single coil.

One other thing that would be sure to work for me is a regular Winterizer Neck in a P90 adapter mount.   :)
    Be seeing you.
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2198
    If this is bridge can I register my interest Ash..
    tFB Trader
    If this is bridge can I register my interest Ash..
    You can and it is :-)

Having now tried the P90BB in a guitar, I appreciate your suggestion. The pickup does exactly what the website description says. Clarity and definition rather than brute force output. Think more Satriani than Vai.

My earlier notions for neck position pickups would overpower the Blackbird. In fact, I got a ballsier sound from the Duncan Antiquity P90 in my PRS SE One!

An excellent pickup, wasted on a guitarist as crude as myself. IMO, the ideal host for this pickup would be an Ibanez JS700.
    Be seeing you.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    I have a sneaking suspicion that I would either play safe by commissioning something like a Soapfighter A4 Neck or make awkward demands for a Tokaido Bullet or an underwound The Void single coil.
    'Soapfighter' is conjuring up scenes from prison showers in my mind 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Get thee to a nunnery.
    Be seeing you.
    tFB Trader
    Having now tried the P90BB in a guitar, I appreciate your suggestion. The pickup does exactly what the website description says. Clarity and definition rather than brute force output. Think more Satriani than Vai.

My earlier notions for neck position pickups would overpower the Blackbird. In fact, I got a ballsier sound from the Duncan Antiquity P90 in my PRS SE One!

An excellent pickup, wasted on a guitarist as crude as myself. IMO, the ideal host for this pickup would be an Ibanez JS700.
    The full size humbucker Blackbird was designed for technical metal ... so clarity and note definition was baked into that design and the soapybucker version. :-) 

… a guitarist as crude as myself.
    … clarity and note definition was baked into that design …
    Yup. I can hear all of my mistakes! 
    Be seeing you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter