Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Quirky guitar design - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Quirky guitar design

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 15793
    The builder clearly had some fun making it.

The suggestion he should  rebuild because it doesn't suit all tastes is worrying, let the guy incorporate some distasteful art if that is what he wants to do.

It's okay for him to make a guitar not everyone will like. I'm sure he was well aware of how much it would limit its marketability ... and he still did it anyway.   Good for him!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GRBaldwin said:

You're obviously a fan and his pal - could you not buy it at mate rate?

With one of his in a collection of 15 guitars already and a just over 2 week old newborn, I need another guitar like a hole in the head at the moment, haha. Not to mention the arguments that would definitely ensue with my wife over spending yet more thousands of pounds on things "I don't need." Still....never say never

Enjoy the walks and bevvies. Certainly a nice day for it!

Yeah, 15 is alot. Congrats and good luck with the little 'un! :)

Cheers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GRBaldwin said:
    How does thinking the inlay is laughable show a lack of understanding of the art of guitar lutherie?

Anyway, not worth arguing over these things.

Oh. Righty ho. So you had the last say then shut it down after telling us in a patronising, slightly pompous manner that we don't understand the art of lutherie. So that's that and all's well and good then. 

Anyway, not worth arguing over these things. 
    It seems to be you wanting to continue a debate because somebody doesnt like the design. It is not a slight on luthery itself but more an opinion on an unusual inlay that is not to the tastes of some people.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter