Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Any Henry SRT+ owners? - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Any Henry SRT+ owners?

What's Hot
So, like many who've heard it, I am fascinated by the unobtainium that is the Vox AC10 SRT... I know Henry amps have made an amp based on the Doug & Pat one and wondered if anyone here has one in the UK that I could borrow to make some youtube content with? I could lend something of interest in return if that is the case!

would be really interesting to try! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• EmielEmiel Frets: 198
    It's not a Henry and I live outside of the UK, but a friend built me an AC10SRT clone a few years ago. I never quite bonded with it until I found out the valves were in the wrong order. Now I'm using Doug's valve configuration and it's a beast. Very dynamic and big sounding for what is only like a 15-18 watt amp. Yes it's Vox-y but definitely different than the average AC10 or 15, a bit more... Marshall-y perhaps? I don't remember where I read it but apparently the circuit is quite close to some kind of Ampeg.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Does your friend build them regularly? ;)

yeah i read the same about the ampeg one. I guess when it comes to the doug and pat clips they are also often using an actual burst… and i’m unlikely to get one of those any time soon.

i really like the sort of lack of chime in what i’ve heard, as you say a bit more marshall-like perhaps
  • EmielEmiel Frets: 198
    I can ask! I might even sell mine at one point, imagine that ;-)

I guess it can chime a bit when you pair it with the right speaker but it's hardly a top boost style Vox, maybe it bares more resemblance to the normal channel on an early '60s non-top boost AC30?

These Premier Guitar and R.J. Ronquillo videos are both great reviews of the Henry. Keep in mind that the Premier Guitar one has the original valve configuration (start breaking up at +- 11:00-12:00 o'clock), while the one in R.J.s clip has the D&G mod, i.e. swapping one 12AU7 for a 12AX7. With the 12AX7 it starts breaking up at 9:00, a monster!...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlaS6FZwhsU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7M8UbdVcmg
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    I've got one of their vacuum cleaners. 
    It performs faultlessly.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7202
    Sassafras said:
    I've got one of their vacuum cleaners. 
    It performs faultlessly.
    Whoever LOL'd this... you need to get out more :)