Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Bandcamp, Ditto or Another? - Making Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Bandcamp, Ditto or Another?

What's Hot
I have an album ready for a release but been sitting on it for a few weeks as I can’t decide the best platform for distribution/streaming etc. What are peoples experiences with the above 2 and does anyone have any other recommendations?

Also I need to do something about artwork, anyone got any ideas on that other than pulling something from my iPhone photo album?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I use Ditto and Bandcamp. Bandcamp is good to generate income, Ditto is fine for digi distribution - but you must allow at least 10 days before they even get it out to the stores. So if you have a PR campaign and want to sub to Spotify editorial playlists, bear that in mind. 

Artwork is important. Don’t just use something off your iPhone. Try and get creative with AI or get an artsy friend to make you something. Be aware of the different sizes and resolutions of images that Ditto and Bandcamp require and Apple are particularly picky about what they will allow online. 

Alternatives are DistroKid but I’ve not used them. And why not sub a track to Tom Robinson’s Fresh on the net and see what people think to your track? 

Whatever you do - good luck with it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2002
    edited August 2023
    @theatreanchor ;Awesome thanks, so would you recommend using both ditto and bandcamp for one release or do you mean you have used them for separate releases?
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8170
    Ditto is great, mate. Cracking value and a brilliant way to release stuff digitally onto pretty much all platforms. 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2002
    Hattigol said:
    Ditto is great, mate. Cracking value and a brilliant way to release stuff digitally onto pretty much all platforms. 
    Thanks mate yep it’s was your recommendation that brought them into the equation  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CMW335 said:
    @theatreanchor ;Awesome thanks, so would you recommend using both ditto and bandcamp for one release or do you mean you have used them for separate releases?
    Same release. Bandcamp is more fan focused. Ditto is for all your streaming needs (iTunes, Spotify etc).