Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Lovetone Meatball replacement suggestions - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Lovetone Meatball replacement suggestions

What's Hot
StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1268
I sold off all my Lovetone pedals a wee while back to raise funds quickly, and I miss the Meatball. Is there an Envelope Filter pedal out there that comes close?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1790
    edited August 2023
    I’d wait until thorpyfx launches their version of it. No sign of it yet though 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2093
    Bassballs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • joeWjoeW Frets: 387
    Four leaf clover wonderlove is great and fits on a board - but still prefer the MB tho
  • @ThorpyFX is working with the designer of the Meatball, Dan Coggins, and has teased that they're bringing out a new version. 

Any hints you want to drop, Thorpy? 
  • euaneuan Frets: 1051
    He gave a hint in the special projects thread 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Very basic by comparison, but the DOD FX25 (2-knob version - the 3-knob is nowhere near as good) gets that vicious 'turnaround' sweep that the Meatball does so well.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 4817
    If you're an experienced DIY'er, or if you know someone who is, there are kits available to make your own Meatball. Definitely not an "I think I'll have a go at building a pedal" sort of project though:

https://www.musikding.de/Spectron-Dynamic-Filter-kit

https://www.musikding.de/Meat-Sphere-kit

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    The Source Audio Spectrum models it and does a great job.
  • Secret_SamSecret_Sam Frets: 202
    Never played a meatball, but the best envelope follower I ever tried was a Mooger Fooger lowpass filter. 

Big, uses a non standard power supply.  But it has an authority to its sound that others lack. 

Wish I hadn't sold it, but I needed the money and wasn't using it much. Hey, ho.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    I have a 3leaf audio Wonderlove deluxe that is fantastic. I may be able to sell it. 
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1071
    Can't help but still miss my meatball. Almost scarily interactive - a micro shift of one knob seemed to change the sound of all the others.
    That and my Ring Stinger made an incredibly volatile combination.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    merlin said:
    I have a 3leaf audio Wonderlove deluxe that is fantastic. I may be able to sell it. 
    I forgot to mention that I did own a Meatball. Best envelope ever. I also had a Frostwave Funk-a-Duck which was wild and brilliant and I regret selling it very much. 
  • I miss putting a square wave tremolo in front of it and flicking through the settings. 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3380
    Basher said:
    Can't help but still miss my meatball. Almost scarily interactive - a micro shift of one knob seemed to change the sound of all the others.
    That and my Ring Stinger made an incredibly volatile combination.
    Every time I check Thorpy has a new pedal, I hope him and Dan Coggins have updated the Ring Stinger.  I'm still hopeful it will eventually come out.