Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Vox 212 cabs - fawn versions? - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Vox 212 cabs - fawn versions?

guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 3696
edited August 2023 in Amps
**Edit - solved! It's one of the V212HWX versions**

Calling vox experts!

There's an unloaded one of these in the AC-style cabinet and fawn tolex going for what feels like a reasonable price. Was there ever a version of them that wasn't the 'handwired' model with the celestion blues?

I'm assuming they all had birch-ply construction, but if not then I'll probably avoid it and build my own at some point next year, or perhaps get one of the nice-looking vertical Blackstar St James 212 cabs.

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8281
    The one in Taunton?

Yeah, that's a "HW" series cab and they're great cabs - if you're thinking about it, jump on it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Yup, it's more than a little tempting!
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8281
    To be honest, I'm tempted even though it'd be a 5 hour round trip, I don't have any speakers to put in it and I only have combo amps.
  • Cirrus said:
    To be honest, I'm tempted even though it'd be a 5 hour round trip, I don't have any speakers to put in it and I only have combo amps.
    I'm sure it's a great cab but I'm going to pass on it. My Zilla 1x12 is plenty for now, so I'll be patient and just build my own version next year instead :)