Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). WTB: e-Bow - Parts £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

WTB: e-Bow

What's Hot
Tentatively, has anyone got an e-Bow tucked away in its little posing pouch at the back of a dusty drawer that they fancy selling to me, for a frankly generously low price?!  =)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3144
    was just about to post something similar. Incase there's a second one may I express an interest once the OP is sorted?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Think I’ve got one. Boxed. Will check at the weekend. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1004
    Tentatively, has anyone got an e-Bow tucked away in its little posing pouch at the back of a dusty drawer that they fancy selling to me, for a frankly generously low price?!  =)

Not mine but CrackConverters have one in used for £85 LINK
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 6860
    They’re only £90 new 
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1004
    Only saw them at andersons at £129 for the plus.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    They’re only £90 new 
    Bargain, I can't find a new eBow plus for less than £99 in the UK or from Thomann, although I'll admit I didn't try very hard..
    Can you suggest a price you would be happy with ? Just cutting to the chase  ;)
    They’re only £90 new 
    Bargain, I can't find a new eBow plus for less than £99 in the UK or from Thomann, although I'll admit I didn't try very hard..
    Can you suggest a price you would be happy with ? Just cutting to the chase  ;)
    Maybe I was rounding down - im sure I saw a £90 one though. 

Oh I don’t know… £7.63? Fretboard diminishing returns? Pithy comments aside, whatever the lowest number the seller is happy to accept 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Numberwang!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 2811
    The TC Electronic copy seems to be 40quid on Amazon: https://amzn.eu/d/b4lt3HY not sure how well it works, but I’d imagine it’s fairly similar. 
    The TC Electronic copy seems to be 40quid on Amazon: https://amzn.eu/d/b4lt3HY not sure how well it works, but I’d imagine it’s fairly similar. 
    Thanks decided to give that one a try
  • DazzaDazza Frets: 90
    @drofluf Let me know how you get on - tempted!
    Saw some less than favourable reviews so I’m going to hang on for the real thing 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Dazza said:
    @drofluf Let me know how you get on - tempted!
    Will do but I've never used one so I don't know how valid my opinion will be!

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086

I've got a Joyo JGE-01 which works as well as the e-Bow I had.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    Well Amazon have just delivered and I’m either underwhelmed or have a duff unit. 

Is there a trick to using one? My understanding is that you put it over the string you want to play and it just works. 

Or is there something more to it - I appreciate getting a good sound will require more technique but I just want mine to make noise! 
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 2587
    edited August 2023
    drofluf said:
    Well Amazon have just delivered and I’m either underwhelmed or have a duff unit. 

Is there a trick to using one? My understanding is that you put it over the string you want to play and it just works. 

Or is there something more to it - I appreciate getting a good sound will require more technique but I just want mine to make noise! 
    If it's anything like the E-bow (and it pretty much has to be), you excite a string when you approach a pickup pole piece (so, for ease of access, that's probably your neck pickup). There is a 'sweet spot' where the response is loudest...experiment with that: you don't always want to be bang on it.

For starters:
    • not too much gain (these things can add a lot of volume)
    • bit of delay and reverb
    • play some melodies up and down a single string (G or B is easiest)
    • maybe use a volume pedal to ride the level
    Sometimes helps to get a note started just by fretting it so the 'E-bow' isn't starting a dead string (more relevant the thicker a string is).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • drofluf said:

You gots to have the skills! 
    Thanks @digitalkettle that’s what I was trying but I don’t seem to get any response at all :(

Think it must be faulty 
  • drofluf said:
    Thanks @digitalkettle that’s what I was trying but I don’t seem to get any response at all :(

Think it must be faulty 
    Bummer...stepping back a bit: is the battery okay? Is it on? Is there a light?
    Well, there's this too ;-/
    drofluf said:

Think it must be faulty 
    Bummer...stepping back a bit: is the battery okay? Is it on? Is there a light?
    Well, there's this too ;-/
    @digitalkettle yes, getting a light on, tried on all pickups and everywhere along the neck, on different strings but no sound.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
    edited August 2023
    I’ve got one of the TC Electronic things, it’s not very good. I find you have to get the string going with a bit of vibrato before it will start working. I’ve used it on some recordings but I wouldn’t even try in a live situation. I used to have an eBow and it worked much better.
  • Still haven’t done this, have I? I’ll find it today. 
    Don’t worry! I bit the bullet and ordered a new one  =)
  • Don’t worry! I bit the bullet and ordered a new one  =)
    Ah, nice one. They’re great. Sorry I didn’t get it done in time. 
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    Saw some less than favourable reviews so I’m going to hang on for the real thing 
    drofluf said:

I have an eBow and bought the TC as well. I soon offloaded it. Terrible in comparison. Simply not ergonamic.
  • Don’t worry! I bit the bullet and ordered a new one  =)
    Ah, nice one. They’re great. Sorry I didn’t get it done in time. 
    If you find it eventually, I might be interested!