Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Ross Pedals Reintroduction - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Ross Pedals Reintroduction

What's Hot
rickd2112arickd2112a Frets: 16
edited August 2023 in FX
Looks like JHS are resurrecting the Ross Brand.

I think Sweetwater jumped the gun on releasing this video, should have been later today.

I've never had a Ross, but recall them being next to the MXR pedals in the shops back in the 80's.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 4817
    I remember a lot of hype around the Ross compressor way back when on HCFX. It was supposedly the basis for the Keeley Compressor, although I don't know how similar the two are, or how different the Ross is internally from a Dyna Comp.

Can't help but feel with relaunches of dead brands like this that large sections of the guitar industry are an exercise in nostalgia for people older than me (and I'm 44...).

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    @rickd2112a ; - you've edited your post which breaks the YouTube link (a foible of the forum software).
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    Like the guitar market, the pedal market is almost becoming TOO saturated, and I say that as someone who loves buying pedals. The only one I've heard people mention is the Compressor.

No doubt these will sell but I can imagine they are not going to be cheap.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • euaneuan Frets: 1051
    It’s felt like he has been looking for a Josh’s Folly for a while. Good luck to him. 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    I for one am shocked that he hasn't come up with an original series of circuits. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12286
    I had the distortion and its a great pedal. Richard Hawley uses one * a lot*. 
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8281
    I got really excited about the comp for a minute, I built a clone of one back in 2013 and it's been on my board ever since. Then I remembered the clone has a 3-way attack switch so I wouldn't be able to get what I like out of the real deal.

Still, I think they LOOK cool. The semi-recessed knobs are a good idea, though these don't look quite as recessed as the originals?
    Clearly the last attempt to re-release didn't fair well?

Ross Compressor Review - Premier Guitar
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    Forever tainted by the biggest Friend...
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12286
    GoFish said:
    Forever tainted by the biggest Friend...
    ?
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    "Why does Ross, the biggest friend, simply not eat the others?"

It's from Futurama, but here was referring to the fact that I can't help but picture Ross from Friends when I see the old Ross pedals, which in turn makes the whole thing seem faintly ridiculous.

When I see the explanation written out like that, it does seem a little obscure. :#
    It twas just some gentle ribbing at yet another heritage brand being brought back cos of name recognition.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    The chorus sounds really good to my ears. Could be interested at the right price 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    I've got the distortion one.
    I don't much like it. I'd hardly call it a classic, it;s just a generic distortion sound.
    Wow those videos are going hard sell on history and nostalgia like fu**ing Oppenheimer….
    For anyone buying, cheaper at Peach by £20 compared to Andertons.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Sassafras said:
    I don't much like it. I'd hardly call it a classic, it;s just a generic distortion sound.
    In one of videos it said same as MXR + or DOD 250. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    roberty said:
    The chorus sounds really good to my ears. Could be interested at the right price 

For anyone buying, cheaper at Peach by £20 compared to Andertons.
    Ah okay. I don't £170 like it

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, I wonder if there's a PCB 

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Sassafras said:
    In one of videos it said same as MXR + or DOD 250. 

It's nothing like those two.
    They're both really good and distinctive.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    Watched the RJ video on these and that guy makes everything seem incredible but even he could not make these sound like anything more special than £25 Amazon Basics pedals.
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    soma1975 said:
    Watched the RJ video on these and that guy makes everything seem incredible but even he could not make these sound like anything more special than £25 Amazon Basics pedals.
    I've never seen such heavy marketing for re-releasing 5 old pedals.