Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Effectrode Tube Drive power question - can a Zuma power it? - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Effectrode Tube Drive power question - can a Zuma power it?

Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 402
Picked a rather wonderful Tube Drive up last week. My one issue with it is the power requirements of 1200ma at 12v meaning I'm currently using the external power supply that came with the pedal instead of my Zuma.

Any other users of this pedal powering successfully off a Zuma? Thinking if I combined both 12v outputs with a current doubler it's get me to 12v at 1000ma, I know it's short of the 1200 but figured it's worth asking. I have no issue with the external power supply aside from it's just another thing to plug in and aesthetically it's not great with my tidy cabling.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3432
    edited August 2023
    When I had Effectrode stuff, I decided that it was safer for my needs to sell the Zuma and switch to the Cooks DC7. which powered everything nicely. That may/may not be necessary for your needs.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 606
    Like Jonathan, I use a cioks dc7 although eventually I'd like to get the effectrode atomic psu.

1000ma may well be enough but possibly worth contacting both Zuma and Phil at effectrode to ask them. 

Enjoy the tube drive... not one I've got yet but demo vids sound glorious!
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 597
    When you run your Zuma on 12v you don’t get the full 500mA. The amps are dropped as you increase the voltage:
    • 12V option provides 375mA, 18V provides 250mA
    This was the reason that I did as others have mentioned - sold my Zuma and got a CIOKS DC-7