Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Small-bodied acoustic for live/recording/writing - suggestions? - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Small-bodied acoustic for live/recording/writing - suggestions?

What's Hot
Hi,

Any suggestions? I’d likely use it with Quad Cortex to record (IRs maybe) and gig, along with it kicking around the house to noodle and write. 

I’m not too bothered about a huge sound. I’ll likely play with a pick, fingers and hybrid pick and between solo lines and strumming. 

Budget preferably under £1k used. 

Cheers!
Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• GS Mini?
    I have a the Koa model and it’s great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    GS Mini?
    I have a the Koa model and it’s great.
    I've just bought the -e model (s/h).  Great sound, really easy to play, the smaller size seems to make it hugely easier to leave around and pick up casually, and the built-in electronics means that recording (with/without IRs) is simple (I'm just about to do just that).

And a lot less than your budget.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Ibanez Talman.  I have two, both the mag pup model. I love them
  • One of the Faith Mercury range would be my suggestion. They're superb guitars. 
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 763
    Used - Martin 0015 or 00015.
    New Yamaha LS6.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    Used - Martin 0015 or 00015.
    New Yamaha LS6.
    Could even get an LS16 in budget. Peach has a particularly good deal on one right now for under £700. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps Frets: 173
    edited August 2023
    I’ve recently acquired 2 acoustics and I was shocked to how good they were for sensible money.One is Guild westerly OM120 and a M140 Both all solid woods.
  • I’ve recently acquired 2 acoustics and I was shocked to how good they were for sensible money.One is Guild westerly OM120 and a M120.Both all solid woods.
    I think a Guild will be my next acoustic. I had thought of the M-240E troubadour, but will see if I can stretch the budget...
  • TheMadMickTheMadMick Frets: 213
    I have a PRS SE A40E and it competes with hand made guitars at nearly 10 x it's price. There's a T40E for sale in Acoustics£ for £350.00 - well below your price ceiling and at that price it's a steal. I suspect it still needs to be run in. Mine took nearly a year of playing on and off. The neck is the fastest I've ever come across. If a transfer can be arranged - hey presto, 2 happy people.
  • louis_LLMlouis_LLM Frets: 108
    +1 for Guild, I picked up their little Parlour style acoustic recently and can’t put it down, really nicely built and fun to play 
  • One of the seagull small bodied offerings....I like em
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8107
    louis_LLM said:
    +1 for Guild, I picked up their little Parlour style acoustic recently and can’t put it down, really nicely built and fun to play 
    I picked one up about six months ago. Small and comfortable it's become my go to noodling on the sofa guitar.
  • ditchboyditchboy Frets: 186
    I have a gs mini in walnut I’m thinking of moving on dm me if you want to chat. 
  • camfcamf Frets: 1175
    Kilgore said:
    louis_LLM said:
    I picked one up about six months ago. Small and comfortable it's become my go to noodling on the sofa guitar.
    Out of interest, are these the Guild M120s or the US versions?
  • Yamaha FSX3…
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8107
    camf said:
    Kilgore said:
    louis_LLM said:
    Out of interest, are these the Guild M120s or the US versions?
    Ah, might have crossed wires. I was referring to the p240, which is a 12 fret parlour/00.
  • Thanks for all the suggestions.  I should have said that I already have a Taylor Big Baby (made in the USA) but it doesn't do a lot for me.
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent