Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Steely Dan fans help with song - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Steely Dan fans help with song

What's Hot
I’m often fall asleep with my headphones in ( set them to shut off within an hour).  Occasionally I must set off shuffle inadvertently, and I stir with music playing.

A few nights ago I awoke with what I think was a steely dan song playing. It was so good I woke up and listened to it twice. 
I’m pretty sure it was a major blues shuffle thing, and then then the chorus ( or break between verse) it changed to minor with a ‘ ba ba ba baah ba ba ba bahhh’ repeated refrain. 

Can I find it ? No. It’s driving me crazy! 

On my phone I have saved 

can’t buy a thrill
Countdown to ecstasy
Katy lied
Royal scam
Aja
groucho

Ive gone through all of them and can’t find it. To my recollection, it seems like something from groucho ( as in production). 

Any ideas ? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Got it! It’s Change of Guard from can’t buy a thrill . Doh ! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8409
    It’s a bit of an oddball song but I’ve always loved Change of the Guard 
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2493
    Who is that Groucho amigo?
    Why is he standing in that slightly grubby tailcoat
    With his painted on moustache?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1067
    edited August 2023
    Yep - I'm sure the OP meant Gaucho by Steely Dan.
    What a fantastic song as well.

I've always interpreted the lyrics as being about a gay guy complaining about the Argentinian hunk his lover has brought home - but others believe it's a manager talking to his "star".
    I didn't realise it's about Fagen talking to Becker about his heroin addiction according to some.
    Just like a headless horse without a horse.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    When I saw the thread title I thought it was about Steely Dan fans helping to write a song.  Non-artificial intelligence.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CaseOfAce said:
    Yep - I'm sure the OP meant Gaucho by Steely Dan.
    Full Marx to you!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    Are you sure it was Steely Dan and not Donald Fagan - walk between the rain drops back to your door 
  • Chain lightning.  Gotta be.
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • Dr Wu:

Katy lied
    I was half-way crucified
    I was on the other side of no tomorrow
    You walked in
    And my life began again
    When I had spent the last piastre I could borrow...
    "I've got the moobs like Jabba".