Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Framus DRAGON - Some Killswitch Engage Tones! - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Framus DRAGON - Some Killswitch Engage Tones!

What's Hot

Guitar, Framus Dragon and a TS9 = Killswitch engage tone!

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• llewllew Frets: 78
    Sounding great. Love that song.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • llew said:
    Sounding great. Love that song.
    Thanks man! I was so excited to play this song through this amp!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1583
    edited August 2023
    Defo a killer sound. theyve moved to all sorts, I think they are with Laney now?

EDIT

https://www.laney.co.uk/artists/joel-stroetzl-killswich-engage

I thought so
  • Jetfire said:
    Defo a killer sound. theyve moved to all sorts, I think they are with Laney now?

EDIT

https://www.laney.co.uk/artists/joel-stroetzl-killswich-engage

I thought so
    Yeah they move about with those, anything from Soldano to framus to KSR haha.
    Im pretty sure End of Heartache was all Framus Dragon and a Soldano blended in except for 1 or 2 tracks in the album which they used the Cobra for because the Dragon broke down!
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1583
    Very much so! I do remember the internet being awash with people trying to get the Framus amps way back then! EMGs, a TS and a Caprison guitar, pure metal core!
  • Jetfire said:
    Very much so! I do remember the internet being awash with people trying to get the Framus amps way back then! EMGs, a TS and a Caprison guitar, pure metal core!
    Haha yep! Loads of people were after 'that' tone!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Guitars only - 

• Can I ask where this backing track came from? :D I'd like to try my hand at playing this. 
  • Nice playing man, thick and chunky!

What were you using as a 'cab' to record? A simulator or an actual mic'd speaker cabinet?

And were the cleans done on the same amp?
  • Can I ask where this backing track came from? :D I'd like to try my hand at playing this. 
    I made it using MIDI !

What were you using as a 'cab' to record? A simulator or an actual mic'd speaker cabinet?

Thanks bro! I have used an Own Hammer IR which was a Mesa Oversized Cabinet with v30s and a single SM57! So nothing too complex there!

Cleans were done on the same amp of course, everything you hear there its the Dragon!

Thanks bro! I have used an Own Hammer IR which was a Mesa Oversized Cabinet with v30s and a single SM57! So nothing too complex there!

Cleans were done on the same amp of course, everything you hear there its the Dragon!
    Oh nice, yeah to get that tone a 4x12 with V30's will do it! And can't go wrong with an SM57 haha.

Surprised at how nice those cleans were cos higher gain amps don't tend to do them so well.
  • That's awesome. Well, should you ever publish the track I'd certainly be in line to pick it up. I can't Midi for the life of me. I also love the tones btw...wish I could play like that! one day!

HaydenMcCarry said:
    Can I ask where this backing track came from? :D I'd like to try my hand at playing this. 
    I made it using MIDI !

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    That is a great sounding demo. Looks slick as well. I have subscribed. Excellent work

Oh nice, yeah to get that tone a 4x12 with V30's will do it! And can't go wrong with an SM57 haha.

Surprised at how nice those cleans were cos higher gain amps don't tend to do them so well.
    Thanks man! And it was maybe 3 or 4 guitars doing different parts and panned differently so it sounded nice and full!
  • roberty said:
    That is a great sounding demo. Looks slick as well. I have subscribed. Excellent work
    Thanks man i really appreciate the support!
  • Tat2dsteshTat2dstesh Frets: 190
    Sounds Killer, I've always loved KSE guitar sound. 
    I remember seeing a interview with Adam D, most of his tones was a mix of whatever and a 5150 on the crunch channel boosted with tube screamer, i think that has been his main go too in the studio for any albums he has produced. 
    I had a cobra once and it sounded great, I was always able to get a good KSE type metal sound with a 6505 and triple x, on the crunch side boosted. The one amp that really didn't sit with me though is the Laney Ironheart, I just could not get that amp to work very well  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Sounds Killer, I've always loved KSE guitar sound. 
    I remember seeing a interview with Adam D, most of his tones was a mix of whatever and a 5150 on the crunch channel boosted with tube screamer, i think that has been his main go too in the studio for any albums he has produced. 
    I had a cobra once and it sounded great, I was always able to get a good KSE type metal sound with a 6505 and triple x, on the crunch side boosted. The one amp that really didn't sit with me though is the Laney Ironheart, I just could not get that amp to work very well  
    Yep! Ive got all the amps you mentioned here minus the Cobra and the Laney is definietly the one that doesnt suit their tone character, ill have to agree with you!

I think End of heartache has been said that it was framus dragon combined with a 5150/6505 , both boosted with a TS9!

Dont forget, when combinig amps you can have a priority of tonal differences. Which means you can choose one amp to be higher in volume than the other and mix them in many different ways and blend them in many different ways.
    When playing through the Dragon, I can instantly hear that KSE tone to a tea. Which leads me to believe that the Dragon was the primary amp used and maybe it had a bit of 5150/6505 blended in with it to perhaps support some of the midrange spectrum!

But i might be wrong, just going off my ear and the tones i can achieve with the Dragon ! (As you can hear :) !
  • NerineNerine Frets: 1659
    I always thought they used Cobras, not Dragons. Regardless, cool! 
  • Nerine said:
    I always thought they used Cobras, not Dragons. Regardless, cool! 
    Dragons man, not Cobras! :)