Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Suhr Tele Neck PUP, Vintage Dimarzio, Crazy parts pickguard - Parts £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Suhr Tele Neck PUP, Vintage Dimarzio, Crazy parts pickguard

What's Hot
koss59koss59 Frets: 779
edited September 2023 in Parts £
Suhr Classic T Neck Pickup, small ding on cover but perfect working order. £55 shipped

Crazy Parts 60’s Guard, very accurate looking £22 shipped.

Vintage Dimarzio, I’ve been told this is a dual tone which is a super distortion but with ability to cool tap. Early 70s. Its had the holes drilled for mounting into a body so either needs cir clips for traditional mount or to be mounted into a body again rather than guard.
£no idea offers?

Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    koss59 said:
    Vintage Dimarzio, I’ve been told this is a dual tone 
    Dual Sound DP101. 

The black, white and red output conductor plastic insulation confirms Seventies production. I can not recall when DiMarzio changed from long to short baseplate height adjustment screw lugs. Perhaps, @ICBM can?
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 779
    koss59 said:
    Vintage Dimarzio, I’ve been told this is a dual tone 
    Dual Sound DP101. 

The black, white and red output conductor plastic insulation confirms Seventies production. I can not recall when DiMarzio changed from long to short baseplate height adjustment screw lugs. Perhaps, @ICBM can?
    Brilliant thanks for all the information on it. I couldn’t find much but know it was fitted to a guitar I have in The 70s.
  • CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 697
    edited August 2023
    W.r.t. to the Dual Sound, triangle feet came in during the course of 1983, so it certainly looks to be earlier than that. To definitively ID I would ideally want to see more pics, including the base of the pickup, to confirm, but it certainly looks  like a Dual Sound.

It should be what I jokingly call 3.5 wire (as opposed to what is commonly referred to as 4-wire) - one coil is earthed via the screen which is also connected to the base plate, whereas a modern 4-wire pickup has the coils wired individually, with the cable screen/ baseplate earthed separately (easier to mix pickups between different manufacturers, phase etc).

Sometimes the white wire is actually clear over tinned conductors - difficult to tell from your picture.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Happy to send up close pictures of it to anyone interested. 
    The wire is clear like you said and not white.
    I had no idea where to price this so feel free to correct me anybody that fancied it.
    Price drop bump.
    Open to all offers on the Dimarzio as I really have no clue where to price it. 
    edited September 2023
    Adding an El Dorado hand tooled leather strap. 
    As used by the stars! At least £200 to get one of these in this country.

£70 shipped
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Some price drops 
    More drops bump
    Bump
  • el84el84 Frets: 1
    Pmd regarding strap
    Strap sold.