Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). What is a reasonable tolerance for a custom order body drill hole? - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

What is a reasonable tolerance for a custom order body drill hole?

What's Hot
JDD24JDD24 Frets: 1
edited August 2023 in Making & Modding
Hi Everyone,
I recently spent £372 on a body from an off the shelf site. It came out super nice, really lovely quilted maple top on, but the Hipshot bridge drilling is out. The drill spacing for the outer 2 mounting screws are 1.27mm further apart than they should be. The result of this is that the bridge will go on but those two screws don't sit flush as they are forced to the edge of the hole on the bridge and so cannot sit in the countersink for the screws in the bridge. When I emailed them they told me its not possible as it is done using CNC and when I confirmed with images showing the measurement, they said it's within tolerance. So, my question is, what is acceptable tolerance in this situation?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    If the bridge doesn't fit then the holes are not within tolerance. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
    That’s not a good response is it? Poor from them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JDD24JDD24 Frets: 1
    edited August 2023

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited August 2023

• SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    They sound like a bunch of pedantic but sloppy bodgers. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited August 2023

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    That's a real shame. It is infuriating when a company fucks up costing you time and/or money, and then are defensive about it and won't acknowledge your frustration. Literally the worst way to handle a complaint
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter