Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). MXR Third Man Double Down - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

MXR Third Man Double Down

What's Hot
BobTheSalmonBobTheSalmon Frets: 34
Anyone got any experience with these?

I'm thinking I could swap out my Spark and ABY box and replace with just one of these...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• danodano Frets: 1484
    Never played it, and I'm biased as a big Jack White fan. If you are running a 2 amp rig, and want different boosts going into them then this looks perfect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Also as a fan boy, but as one who's only read about it and watched the videos, I'd say it looks good and a useful bit of kit, That said it's pricey compared with a TC Spark and an ABY box, and it doesn't have the tone shaping of the Spark nor the ability to switch between A, B & Y as you'd have with an ABY box
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dano said:
    Never played it, and I'm biased as a big Jack White fan. If you are running a 2 amp rig, and want different boosts going into them then this looks perfect.
    Yeah, that's exactly what I'm thinking!
  • Also as a fan boy, but as one who's only read about it and watched the videos, I'd say it looks good and a useful bit of kit, That said it's pricey compared with a TC Spark and an ABY box, and it doesn't have the tone shaping of the Spark nor the ability to switch between A, B & Y as you'd have with an ABY box
    I would be using it for a wet/dry or stereo rig. Both amps always running, with the Spark as an overall boost for solos, so no real need for the ABY function, it's just that I use that type of pedal (off my board) to split the signal. My feeling is that I could swap the Spark out for the Down Down and fuck off the ABY...
  • Thanks for the replies folks :)