Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). FS/FT - Drops - Tele £400, Fender Jag HH £400, Lag £175, Fender HM £500, Musicman Luke III £1700 - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

FS/FT - Drops - Tele £400, Fender Jag HH £400, Lag £175, Fender HM £500, Musicman Luke III £1700

What's Hot
Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1555
edited October 2023 in Guitars £
***Some drops again because I hate dealing with ebay love you guys***

Time to clear the decks (or cupboards) of a few guitars. Moving house soon and can't cope with the idea of moving 20 or so again (plus amps, pedals etc) so trying to reduce numbers.

I know it's the usual for sale fluff, but I genuinely like all of these so wouldn't break my heart if one or two don't sell. However, needs must so at least going to try. Might put up a couple of others as well depending on what happens with this first batch.

Open to trades because reasons, but ideally need some to find loving new homes for cash and free up some space here. Trades for something maybe a bit more traditional (happy to add plenty of cash-monies) for something Fender CS, Custom Shop SG, Suhr, K-Line, Nash - that sort of thing. A nice 52 Hot-Rod Tele would be a winner too.

None of these guys (apart from the Luke obvs) have a hard case, so it's pickup only from just outside of Cambridge (Waterbeach). Might be able to drive half hour or so if it helps. Any more details required, more pics, that sort of thing then just holler - I'm pretty friendly and accommodating! Will try and add more info to the listing if and when asked and will also dig the scales out of the garage later.

Musicman Luke III - £1900 - £1700

https://imgur.com/a/SkIOKhj

Musicman Luke III in Bodhi blue. Really nice condition, HH, Dimarzio Transitions, electrics and push-push boost, case, trem arm. This is an earlier one with the nice rosewood neck (rather than the roasted). Can find 3 marks - a scratch shown in one pic which could possibly buff out, a ding near the guitar input (which has been covered with closely matched nail polish) and a small indentation on the neck that can be seen a quarter of the way up in the neck closeup pic. Teeny tiny bit of fretwear at the bottom end which I've tried to show but not much at all, hence it being hard to see in the pics... it's there but you have to look for it. Love it and played it loads as it's an absolute belter of a guitar... but find myself going to my DGT which basically covers the same ground. Prices for these have gone up a lot and they're bloody hard to get hold of so think it's probably about right in the current market.

Fender HM Strat (Original not Reissue) - £550 - £500

https://imgur.com/a/klfDXJf

Fender Heavy Metal strat in Razzberry... welll, the bones of one anyway. Serial dates it as a Japan 87/88 depending on which checker you use but seems right. Bought this after a few beers because I'd always fancied one and this is one of my favourite colours. It had been rinsed for parts when I bought it but the body and neck are original. Pickups are active EMG somethingorothers (which are actually quite appropriate). Knobs are replacements. The Kahler had been ripped out and replaced with a piece of junk so found a Gotoh that fitted. It's snug but works fine and it's a decent trem, although the arm has gone walkies. Tuning pegs look original as does plate and nut. Has a hole drilled in the lower horn so suspect it was set up for a lefty at some point. Dings here and there but not too bad all things considered. It's a bit of a dogs dinner but the trem is solid, pickups are decent (if you like active EMGs), the wood is original and it's set up well, plays really nicely and is a heap of fun.

Lag Arkane - £250 - £200 - £175

https://imgur.com/a/YXHqVrU

Had this one since new (nearly 20 years?) from when I was much younger, had hair and liked metal. Nice rock thing that punches well above it's weight. Believe it to be a LAG Arkane 200. EMG HZ pickups, licensed Floyd, slim neck, fairly flat radius, big ol' frets, coil split with a push-pull on the tone pot and... that's as much as I know about it. Good solid guitar, plays well and remember trying everything at around the 500 quid mark (20 odd years back) when I bought it and much preferring it to whatever Jacksons/Ibanez were there at the time. Some small dings here and there which I've tried to show in the photos. 6lb 12oz.

Tele type - £500 - £450 - £425 - £400 - absolute steal and worth more in parts... but a bargain for TFB

https://imgur.com/a/ikBYzvz

The gentleman that is Mike @MtB ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;has dibs on this as it came from him and, I believe, he acquired it from one of the luthiers on this forum so it pretty well put together! Shoreline gold, not 100% certain but feels like 9.5 radius neck, slim C, vintage style tuners, compensated brass saddles, 3 way toggle, Bare Knuckle pickups (55' Stagger apparently) and it's basically a pretty sorted little tele. Hardware is rock solid. Couple of lacquer checks from the bridge back towards the rear strap button that can be seen in the pics. 7lb 14oz.

Fender MIM Jaguar HH Refin - £450 - £425 - £400

https://imgur.com/a/fDRVg5E

Picked this up the the second hand section of GuitarGuitar a while back as liked the look and it plays really nicely. Purple and sparkly. Serial number lookup has this is a 2013 Player Jag. Plays really well, all the switches do what they're supposed to do, think the pickups are stock - probably Atomics or something similar. No trem arm as have been using one from another guitar but will try to order one and include it when it turns up. 8lb 11oz.

Gibson DC Junior modded and refin by Raygun Relics - £850 - Gone
https://imgur.com/a/joAAcEZ

Yamaha RS502 Revstar - £450 - Gone
https://imgur.com/a/iYMW2Hw

Taylor GS Mini E - £380 - Gone
https://imgur.com/a/GehUyc3
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• MtBMtB Frets: 908
    Dan, you're too kind. And yes in spite of my earlier pm'd comments I might yet succumb to having the gold tele back. Need to check the piggybank!

For anyone thinking about buying one of these guitars, Dan is a gent to deal with.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1555
    MtB said:
    Dan, you're too kind. And yes in spite of my earlier pm'd comments I might yet succumb to having the gold tele back. Need to check the piggybank!

For anyone thinking about buying one of these guitars, Dan is a gent to deal with.
    Thanks Mike!   =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bad_alicebad_alice Frets: 222
    As the former owner of both(!) the Revstar and the Gibson DC I feel I should reiterate everything @Dan_Halen has said about both guitars. They're both stellar axes and anyone who buys them will be delighted with their purchase.
    Something Dan didn't say, is that he's a lovely guy and a smashing person to do a deal with; both in person or long distance. Wishing you every success with both the sales and the house move, Dan.
    :)
    Easily distracted and...oooh, look! A guitar!"
    My Trading Feedback can be found here: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62765/bad-alice/p1
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Oh man, I remember seeing that Revstar first time around! I REALLY love sparkle finishes...!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Dayum that Revstar and the DC are gorgeous!! Damn redundancy, I'd love to have either of those :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    bad_alice said:
    As the former owner of both(!) the Revstar and the Gibson DC I feel I should reiterate everything @Dan_Halen has said about both guitars. They're both stellar axes and anyone who buys them will be delighted with their purchase.
    Something Dan didn't say, is that he's a lovely guy and a smashing person to do a deal with; both in person or long distance. Wishing you every success with both the sales and the house move, Dan.
    :)
    Very kind thanks!! Hope you're keeping well. Looking like we're back to Edinburgh so looking forward to buying whatever you're selling next  =)
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    Lovely selection there: that Gibson DC is v reminiscent of my own LP Special DC Lite.  Had I not recently purchased that, I'd be all over this like a cheap suit.  GLWTS!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Thanks @Dan_Halen for a pleasant and painless transaction earlier today ('twas me who grabbed the GS mini).

:+1:
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Lovely axes. 
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1477
    I owned the DC before Dan, and can vouch it is a real joy to play.

Of all the guitars I’ve ever sold, this is the one that I think about the most - just lovely.

Plus, Dan’s great to deal with !
    Withdrawn the Gibson for now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Bump!!!
    Cheeky drop on a couple of them and the Gibson is back up as it seemed popular before.
  • DM’d
  • Back from holiday bump
  • Bump with a couple of additions
  • MtBMtB Frets: 908
    PM'd
  • Cheeky bump
  • House move bump
  • Bump
    Bump
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Dan_Halen said:
    Musicman Luke III - £1900 - £1800 or trade for something maybe a bit more traditional.

Q1) Please define "more traditional".

Q2) What brand (if any) is the LAG's licensed FR vibrato? 
    Be seeing you.
  • Pmd
    edited October 2023
    Dan_Halen said:
    Musicman Luke III - £1900 - £1800 or trade for something maybe a bit more traditional.

Q1) Please define "more traditional".

Q2) What brand (if any) is the LAG's licensed FR vibrato? 
    Hiya. So, on the LAG all I know is it says 'LICENSED UNDER FLOYD ROSE PATENTS' on it so, not sure of the model or who actually made them under license. I do have the trem arm, it's just not in the pics. The guitar itself is an A200 and had the licensed trem with the A2000 having a full fat Floyd. Don't think I mentioned that there's push/pull pot on the tone knob to split. LAG are still going but not a lot of info online unfortunately.

Regarding the Luke and "more traditional" it's probably a trade up and something more Fender/Gibson but not exclusively Fender/Gibson so maybe a Suhr/K-Line/PRS (Silver Sky) and that sort of thing. Custom Shop Strat/Tele in a nice solid colour, SG custom maybe, and happy to add whatever cash required.

Always wanted a 52' Hot Rod Tele if there's any of those kicking about 
    Bumpy