Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Help needed setting price - Ibanez SDGR SR300 - Bass Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Help needed setting price - Ibanez SDGR SR300

What's Hot
HamHam Frets: 8
edited August 2023 in Bass
Hi folks, as per this, I'm after help setting a price for a bass guitar, alongside help on a bunch of other stuff, apologies for being so needy! (loads of other threads like this coming..... )

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3XqveMAzg46n4TdQ6 should show photos of it (assuming the sharing is working properly). It looks in overall very good condition, the only issue I can see is a paint chip around the rear strap hanger, it shows up in the detail photos.

As with all the stuff I am selling I don't know much about how old it is, but it appears to have been treated well. My brother-in-law used to play occasionally with a bunch of old fogeys, mostly on guitar, but I suppose he doubled on bass on occasion. Strings feel and sound a bit old, but I've never used a bass.

Selling with the soft case shown.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• WhistlerWhistler Frets: 270
    edited August 2023
    Having an Ibanez bass this piqued my curiosity.

The SDGR on the headstock is misleading as the SR300 on the back of the headstock is actually the model number. As the pickups on the current SR300 model are different my guess this is a very recent previous model and the stickers still being on the bass suggest this is almost new.

New now these are around £320 so maybe he picked it up in a sale, reduced to make way for the new model, and that may have been in the £280-£300 range. Maybe.

I think these basses did not and do not come with any Ibanez supplied case so teh gig bag is an extra, as is the chord book.

In the old days we used to say that as soon as you walked out a shop with an item it lost 25% of its value immediately, because it is now technically sencondhand. However, I notice on this forum that guitars are offered for sale with, "I paid £x and so I'd like to get £x back," or, "This guitar owes me £x." As such I would suggest you keep the price up, allowing for the chip.

Others here seem more eagle-eyed generally about basses than me so maybe @Funkfingers , @WezV and others could make better suggestions than I have.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HamHam Frets: 8
    edited August 2023
    Thanks, that's very useful - title edited to reflect this update. I think I can date it being bought between 2015 and 2018, but just because it was bought and not used much doesn't count for much, my BiL (who was a nice guy, but....) has substantial previous in this respect, which is why I'm having to help out his widow (my wife's sister).

I think I'll list it at £200, hoping to be realistic for a quick sale. If I've over-egged it, maybe people will let me know.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    The bass should sell swiftly at £200.

Judging by the photographs, it is one of the intermediate specification variants with the Style Sweeper 3-band EQ and the (difficult to upgrade) EXF pickups. These features may deter some potential purchasers.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426

Judging by the photographs, it is one of the intermediate specification variants with the Style Sweeper 3-band EQ and the (difficult to upgrade) EXF pickups. These features may deter some potential purchasers.
    I think we techy types sometimes forget that probably 95% of players have little to no interest in what pickups are in their instrument or whether they could/should be upgraded... ;)

"Whatever it came with, it works fine." :)

I would say £200 too. The paint chip is quite nasty, but luckily in a rather odd place and not noticeable in use so probably doesn't detract significantly.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HamHam Frets: 8
    @Funkfingers @ICBM thanks very much for that feedback, good to know. It's always odd trying to sell stuff you know little about.