Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). OriginFX Halcyon Gold Klone - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

OriginFX Halcyon Gold Klone

What's Hot
KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Oh god. Plenty of guff-sounding talk of transparency and whatnot but I'll bet it awesome. I lolled at the Green one but it's the best TS-alike I've had

https://origineffects.com/product/halcyon-gold/
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    I've been considering building a Klone with a separate Dry control - it's not difficult, you just have two separate pots in place of the dual one. I'll stick it in the Post-Lockdown Pedal Building thread if I get round to it.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1927
    £250 . 

Byheck 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    sgosden said:
    £250 . 

Byheck 
    Only 30 more than an Archer or Ryra. Doesn't seem particularly steep in the current market. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Keefy said:
    I've been considering building a Klone with a separate Dry control - it's not difficult, you just have two separate pots in place of the dual one. I'll stick it in the Post-Lockdown Pedal Building thread if I get round to it.
    I thought, perhaps incorrectly, that the drive control on a Klon was already a dry control - that mixed in the gain circuit to taste.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1927
    sgosden said:
    £250 . 

Byheck 
    Only 30 more than an Archer or Ryra. Doesn't seem particularly steep in the current market. 
    I had no idea whey where that much!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DumodalDumodal Frets: 303
    I like it, I mean it's a Klon but it has different options and modes not a straight three knobs copy or recreation.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    sgosden said:
    £250 . 

Byheck 
    I really thought the Archer was a cheap pedal! 

World has gone mad!
    sgosden said:
    £250 . 

Byheck 
    I really thought the Archer was a cheap pedal! 

World has gone mad!
    I did have to look those prices up tbh - I'm sure I paid well under 200 for mine. I had $165 in mind, though that would have been several years ago. Everything is getting expensive! 
  • LewyLewy Frets: 3795
    Not into Klons but as they’ve done a TS, and now a Klon it makes me hopeful for a Bluesbreaker at some point. 
    Lewy said:
    Not into Klons but as they’ve done a TS, and now a Klon it makes me hopeful for a Bluesbreaker at some point. 
    “Halcyon Blue” would probably make sense, though the main USP of the TS and Klon ones is the ability to dial out some mids, so not sure how much use that would be on a BB-alike?

• Watched the demo vids and it does sound good, build quality will be fine as well. Price seems about right for OE gear…..they’re not the cheapest….will I be buying one?….err…no, I’m using a £35 Chinese rip off clone and it sounds great …..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1790
    Sounds good. 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Keefy said:
    I've got a repro big box PCB if you're looking. It owes me £10. Was sold to me as a kit. Managed to get a part refund. They've since updated their description. The bastards!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32797630094.html
    I'm curious about the Klon circuit too but I will either get a child labour one or a 1590 size fuzz dog kit

I got the Origin M-EQ Driver, I do love it but I don't feel the need for any more posh overdrives
    roberty said:
    Keefy said:
    I've got a repro big box PCB if you're looking. It owes me £10. Was sold to me as a kit. Managed to get a part refund. They've since updated their description. The bastards!

Thanks but I’ll likely go for a smaller box! 
    Keefy said:
    roberty said:
    Keefy said:

Thanks but I’ll likely go for a smaller box! 
    Yeah the repro enclosures are expensive and massive. Not bothered about cosplaying John Mayer

Now that I think about it the Origin is priced similarly to the Ceriatone clone
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1170
    Waiting for someone to do an A/B comparison with an original 
    I suppose it's quite clever that they drip feed these out one by one. It gives the die hards time to save up between launches
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2142
    sgosden said:
    £250 . 

Byheck 
    The Archer Select is £350.

Seems almost a bargain now!
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    I am tempted to get a big box Klone off Aliexpress lol But it's like £85 and I already have 2 Klones.
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 1965
    I do fancy trying the tube-screamer one. Probably keep an eye out for a used one.
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    edited October 2023
    I bought one yesterday and am very imoressed
     Using it into my GT1000, a Tonex Pedal and my Revival Drive and Revival Trem and it seemed to work in every situation. Using a Tele and a PRS SE DGT and I can easily get sounds I really like. Not a Tubescreamer fan but this is great. Fantastic as a bare clean boost too. Very much in love with it at the moment.
    Fishboy7 said:
    I do fancy trying the tube-screamer one. Probably keep an eye out for a used one.
    I have a Green. It's my favourite TS circuit I've had, and I've had a good few of them. Obviously the Revival & compressors are amazing but its the Green that makes me interested in the Gold one as it's a really useful set of tweaks on a regular TS 
    I’m still planning to build a Klone but I am very tempted by the Halcyon Gold. I have no interest in the Green because tbh I’m a bit bored with the TS.
    I have one of these coming from china, was £19 all in

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005887104075.html

It is worth £19 to me to find out if I get on with the circuit
    edited August 2023
    roberty said:

Yeah but which is the better precious metal for toanz - gold or silver?

I have tried the EHX Soul Food twice but was disappointed both times. I now don’t know whether it’s the Centaur circuit that’s not for me, or that particular budget iteration. One of the things that draws me to the DIY option is the possibility of tweaking component values.

And does anyone else get wound up by Americans pronouncing Centaur as ‘CenTAR’?
    Keefy said:
    roberty said:

Yeah but which is the better precious metal for toanz - gold or silver?

I have tried the EHX Soul Food twice but was disappointed both times. I now don’t know whether it’s the Centaur circuit that’s not for me, or that particular budget iteration. One of the things that draws me to the DIY option is the possibility of tweaking component values.

And does anyone else get wound up by Americans pronouncing Centaur as ‘CenTAR’?
    From what I've read the MOSKY is more faithful to the original than the Soul Food. But people have exploded them by plugging them in at a certain angle
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter