Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NUX Mighty Plug Pro Headphone Amplifier - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NUX Mighty Plug Pro Headphone Amplifier

What's Hot
chor808chor808 Frets: 65
Hello All,

Anyone tried one of these. Was looking at the boss waza headphones but way too much money at the moment. I have decent headphones so looking at something like this?
Would be good to know if anyone has tried it..
Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7236
    I have one. It’s excellent. 
    Great battery life, great sounds, great models and effect, but without suffering from option blindness. 
    You can record with it too, if you like that kind of thing….

Set, forget, enjoy. Superb value for money. Only thing I would like to see changes is the app working in landscape on iPad, portrait only. 
    But, no biggie. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1767
    I don't have the mighty plug but I'm do have the mighty amp. If you use headphones then it's basically the same as the mighty plug and it sounds great through them -.very much the recorded amp sound rather than amp in the room so would be different from the Waza but it's great for quick plug and play practice
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I've not got a vast amount of experience with one, but my daughter's got one and when I've borrowed it I've been impressed. It sounds really good - the drum machine is a cool bonus.
  • chor808chor808 Frets: 65
    Thanks I'm going to give one a go...
  • I’ve got one and use it to practice all the time , they are bloody brilliant for the price 
      I was dubious at first but had a nux multi fx previously which was nice .

It’s really really convenient for practicing & a wide array of sounds . 
    There are two apps the official NUX one & a home brew one called Mightier amp with extra features etc , you can store so many presets etc which is real useful . It’s great to connect to your iPad via it and jam with backing tracks,YouTube etc . You’ll enjoy it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2775
    edited August 2023
    Yeah I have one and use it a lot for playing at home. I think it sounds great and I'm happier with it than I have been with Line 6 modelling stuff. It can also be used as just an IR loader plugged into something like a Captor which works great as well in my experience. IMO this pairing is better (and cheaper!) than just having a Captor X as you can stream backing tracks to it which you can't do with the X.
    Ordered one, will be taking it on a boating holiday so the teen-ager can shred:-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I still have the older one and also recently upgraded to the pro. It gets used every week when I take my kids to their various classes at the weekend. I sit in the back of my car with my headphones happily ignoring all other parents. Can’t fault it for the price and wish I had an option like this when I was learning. Good quality headphones make a difference 
  • I should add that my daughter's is one of the original Mighty Plugs, not a pro - I hadn't noticed there was a new one out. Looks like they can still be had for about £60, but the extra stuff on the pro does look nice.  For portable "silent" practice I don't think you can go far wrong.
    Received and really impressed with it. Will give it a proper run out over the next few weeks. 
    Reporting back to say I'm using this daily for morning and evening practice. It's great, I've not bothered much with changing the presents I'm more using it as a practice tool rather than to sound any particular way. I'm just playing songs on the phone and playing along. Since getting this I've not used a real amp much at all at home.

Really good tool for practice and pretty cheap..
  • Cant speak on the amuck but the Waza’s are the best thing I’ve ever bought. Can play in complete silence and the sound is incredible. Heaps better than a £1000 pair of headphones going into a Quad Cortex which I also tried. 
  • Nux not amuck  =)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter