Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). WTB: single coil humbuckers. - Parts £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

WTB: single coil humbuckers.

theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 961
edited August 2023 in Parts £
Nickel covered ideally, but not that picky. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Any around?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Clarification needed.

Do you mean;
    1) Stratocaster-sized, side-by-side coils, noise-cancelling pickups such as Duncan Rails and DiMarzio Track models.

2) Stratocaster-sized, stacked coils, noise-cancelling pickups such as Duncan Stack and DiMarzio Area models.

3) humbucker-sized, metal covered pickups that are actually regular single coil types inside. e.g. Eastwood Airline reproductions.

Types 1 and 2 tend not to come with metal covers. DiMarzio does offer a chrome finished plastic Track pickup cover for Satriani enthusiasts.
    Be seeing you.
  • Clarification needed.

Do you mean;
    1) Stratocaster-sized, side-by-side coils, noise-cancelling pickups such as Duncan Rails and DiMarzio Track models.

2) Stratocaster-sized, stacked coils, noise-cancelling pickups such as Duncan Stack and DiMarzio Area models.

3) humbucker-sized, metal covered pickups that are actually regular single coil types inside. e.g. Eastwood Airline reproductions.

Types 1 and 2 tend not to come with metal covers. DiMarzio does offer a chrome finished plastic Track pickup cover for Satriani enthusiasts.
    3)

:)
    Well, I have a pair of Type 3, currently in my Eastwood Airline Twin Tone guitar.

I need to examine the model ID labels to confirm exactly which version(s) they are and how much output cable is left.
    Be seeing you.
  • @Funkfingers Cheers. Don’t go to any massive bother if it’s tricksy tho. I certainly couldn’t do it. Useless with guitars. 
    Eastwood AIRLINE DLX S-A F and R.

I'm not sure whether that makes them VVSC clones or something hotter. They definitely like fuzz, distortion and overdrive.

I reckon that the plating is chrome rather than nickel.
    Be seeing you.
  • @Funkfingers Never heard of em, but will do the due diligence online thing.