Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Burguet Classical guitars? - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Burguet Classical guitars?

What's Hot
I wondered if anyone had experience of these? They are made by a family workshop in Valencia.

They do not seem to have the name recognition of brands like esteve or Ramirez.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 763
    Nice lightweight guitars made in the Spanish style. I played a few years ago and they were nice instruments. QC can be a bit inconsistent so try before you buy if possible. The 1a model is where the higher quality guitars start.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Nice lightweight guitars made in the Spanish style. I played a few years ago and they were nice instruments. QC can be a bit inconsistent so try before you buy if possible. The 1a model is where the higher quality guitars start.
    Thank you. What you say might the reason they are not a big brand: I’ll try before buying.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    There is a nice Manuel Contreras in the classifieds you might want to try out before you buy new.
  • Nice lightweight guitars made in the Spanish style. I played a few years ago and they were nice instruments. QC can be a bit inconsistent so try before you buy if possible. The 1a model is where the higher quality guitars start.
    Thank you. What you say might the reason they are not a big brand: I’ll try before buying.
    You think the bigger brands have better QC? Personally I'd much rather go with a small(ish) maker like Burguet (of course trying it out beforehand) which have some personality than one of the bigger makes like Alhambra, Admira etc which are mass produced guitars that could be made in any one of a number of huge factories where these things are contracted out and built to specification on a production line. I have played quite a few awful Alhambras, for example, some of them quite expensive. 

The Spanish Guitar centre in Bristol (now gone) used to stock Burguet, they are nice guitars. 
  • SmellyfingersSmellyfingers Frets: 842
    edited August 2023
    Nice lightweight guitars made in the Spanish style. I played a few years ago and they were nice instruments. QC can be a bit inconsistent so try before you buy if possible. The 1a model is where the higher quality guitars start.
    You think the bigger brands have better QC? Personally I'd much rather go with a small(ish) maker like Burguet (of course trying it out beforehand) which have some personality than one of the bigger makes like Alhambra, Admira etc which are mass produced guitars that could be made in any one of a number of huge factories where these things are contracted out and built to specification on a production line. I have played quite a few awful Alhambras, for example, some of them quite expensive. 

The Spanish Guitar centre in Bristol (now gone) used to stock Burguet, they are nice guitars. 
    I agree that guitars out of a smallish family workshop are very likely to be made with more love than in a big plant.

But surely the flip side isany professionally run sizeable guitar factory is going to have a dedicated QC Hitler, who will pull off any guitar that does not meet certain set criteria?

I agree that guitars out of a smallish family workshop are very likely to be made with more love than in a big plant.

But surely the flip side isany professionally run sizeable guitar factory is going to have a dedicated QC Hitler, who will pull off any guitar that does not meet certain set standards?
    Would it not be more likely that the QC 'Hitler' is a victim of cost cutting or 'CBA Syndrome' in a big operation?

CBA stands for Can't Be Arsed,which I learned when my kids were teenagers.
    QC quibbles aside, the reason why Ramirez are famous is because his guitars were played by Segovia, after he stopped using Hauser. 
  • SputnikSputnik Frets: 48
    I have owned three upmarket Burguet guitars and I still have two of them.  They are without doubt my favourite flamenco style guitar with a shallower neck shape that is, in my humble opinion, the most playable neck on the market.  I also have a classical concert Burguet that I bought online during the pandemic.  Again, it is a joyous guitar to play with a loud, well-balanced tone and a distinctly Spanish flavour.  

I have never found quality issues with any Burguet guitar and I have played many.  If anything, I think the quality of build, fit and finish is one of the great strengths of the family brand.  In my experience, the quality control of the brand is way better than Ramirez - and Burguets are eminently more playable.

Mak's Guitars in London's Rathbone Place (formerly Ivor Mairants) has dealt with Amalio Burguet's family business for many years and usually has a small range in stock.