Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Vox Valvetronix AD60VT - speaker change experience? - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Vox Valvetronix AD60VT - speaker change experience?

VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4400
edited August 2023 in Amps
Picked up one of these for a good price.  Just wondered if anyone has one and has swapped out the stock Celestion Seventy Eighty. If so, what did you put in and are you pleased with it? 
I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Didn't they have a version with Celestion NeoCentury vintages or some such too?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4400
    edited August 2023
    Didn't they have a version with Celestion NeoCentury vintages or some such too?
    Yes they did. I have a 2x12 AD120VTX and 2x12AD212 which have the Vox 'Neodogs'. 

These were a made for Vox special 80w version of the 60w Celestion G12 Century Vintage* neodymium speakers with a slightly flatter frequency response curve to better suit modelling amps - although in practice there's no discernable difference (*not to be confused with the 80w G12 Century neodymium that has a more modern sound whereas, the Century Vintage are warmer and intended to be more like a greenback in tone). 

As I'm very familiar with the 'Neodogs' already, I'm particularly curious re folks experience with other speakers. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)