Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Can you create a compound radius .... - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Can you create a compound radius ....

What's Hot
By using one sanding block one end of a new fretboard, and a different one at the other end with some kind of extended crossover in the middle? Or is it a recipe for disaster!?!

I'm getting near to doing a fretboard and the thought just came to me. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 15793
    Yes.

Do the full board with the flatter radius.  Then start from the other end with the smaller radius block.  Finally use a flat block to go the full length following the string paths.

Double check with radius gauges and straight edges frequently 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    WezV said:
    Yes.

Do the full board with the flatter radius.  Then start from the other end with the smaller radius block.  Finally use a flat block to go the full length following the string paths.

Double check with radius gauges and straight edges frequently 

Thanks. Tempted to have a go but I think I may chicken out on this one. I'll see when the time comes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3097
    tFB Trader
    I just followed the string path after doing the middle, I only used a levelling beam, this got me 9.5 to 12 from memory, played great too.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1004