Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). New Amp Day - ‘78 Silverface Deluxe - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

New Amp Day - ‘78 Silverface Deluxe

What's Hot
marxskimarxski Frets: 201
edited August 2023 in Amps
Just picked this up today from deepest Colchester. Looks like Katy was in town as well.

https://imgur.com/a/q8lvbkH
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• KoaKoa Frets: 111
    Lovely, silver face Deluxe Reverb is my favourite amp ever! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • marxskimarxski Frets: 201
    Koa said:
    Lovely, silver face Deluxe Reverb is my favourite amp ever! 
    Thanks - been meaning to find one for a while! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 909
    Much prefer the look of a silverface 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    Lovely! Looks ace, unlike the pink Evoque..... which looks shit in all colours but somehow even shitter in pink :)

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NickBNickB Frets: 156
    Boromedic said:
    Lovely! Looks ace, unlike the pink Evoque..... which looks shit in all colours but somehow even shitter in pink :)
    Agreed. Amp looks great. Why on earth would anyone drive around in a sex toy pink car? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 4on64on6 Frets: 83
    Delux Reverbs are truly great amps. I had a ‘73 for quite a few years. It was blackfaced by Brindsley Schwartz and sounded really sweet. Ended up doing a bunch of gigs that needed more headroom and I stupidly sold it. Don’t think I’ve ever quite got back to that reactive, goldilocks sound, when the situation allowed it to be set just right (which was a lot of the time tbh!)
    Even with some VERY nice amps on the way. Enjoy!!!
    4on6 said:
    Delux Reverbs are truly great amps. I had a ‘73 for quite a few years. It was blackfaced by Brindsley Schwartz and sounded really sweet. Ended up doing a bunch of gigs that needed more headroom and I stupidly sold it. Don’t think I’ve ever quite got back to that reactive, goldilocks sound, when the situation allowed it to be set just right (which was a lot of the time tbh!)
    Even with some VERY nice amps on the way. Enjoy!!!
    Thanks - it does sound really sweet. I say a touch more mids than my old late 60s Vibrolux that l sold during hard times. 

My next door neighbour is an amp freak, electronic engineer and runs a studio. It’s incredibly convenient! The Deluxe has the classic Fender vibrato issue… tick tick tick tick. But he says it is usually fixed by dressing some wiring and putting a capacitor across the opto bulb. 
  • Lucky find - you don't see many of those just dumped in the road.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I've a 78 super reverb that I picked up a year or so ago... Great amps, and whilst I can't speak for the deluxe, I was amazed at a les paul through the super. Great score and enjoy!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I've a 78 super reverb that I picked up a year or so ago... Great amps, and whilst I can't speak for the deluxe, I was amazed at a les paul through the super. Great score and enjoy!
    Thanks!