Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). wiring question. - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

wiring question.

so I want to wire up a build that has a mini hum-bucker in the neck, hum-bucker in the bridge. one volume. one tone. and a three way switch.

The bridge is kent armstrong two in one which you can wired up one way, its a 13k, wired up another its an 8k.

so I'd like to use a push / pull on the tone to have a 13k and the 9k options.

does this look like the right way to wire this up before I start?

as always any advice much appreciated. 

Best

Mark
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    edited August 2023
    Nearly. As you’ve got it drawn, the bridge pickup won’t work. You need to link across both sides of the push-pull switch, or move the green wire to the right-hand side - linking all three across is more reliable.

The volume and tone pot casings also need to be connected together. The jack ground is best connected to the volume, not the tone.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1534
    @ICBM thanks for the reply. as always very good of you.

amended it as you mentioned just so i'm clear.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Yes, that’s right :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• markblackmarkblack Frets: 1534
    @ICBM cheers! M