Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Zoom G3X use. - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Zoom G3X use.

koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4052
I’m not a big user of effects or effects loops, but should I put Zoom G3 in front of amp or in fx loop as I do like to use compressor, or doesn’t it make much difference?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 4817
    I prefer having my compressor before the drive source, so that's where I'd put it if it were me.

Depending on the amp you use, digital effects can cause problems in the effects loop- my Laney Lionheart had a set dry/wet effects loop mix, meaning that only half the signal went through the loop and half went direct. If the wet signal went through a digital effect there was a tiny delay from the A/D convertors that created a horrible filtery, chorus-y effect. Any loop that doesn't go 100% wet will potentially do the same.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Ok, having a play with it.