Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fender twin - any ideas what model it is and idea of value? - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Fender twin - any ideas what model it is and idea of value?

What's Hot
John_PJohn_P Frets: 2725
I've had this amp for many years.   It's a great amp but it never gets any use and I could do with the space so thinking about selling it.    
There are a lot fo twin models so I'd appreciate any advice about which model it is and what would be a fair price to ask for it.

https://i.imgur.com/JvfOLb7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2L0w6Xr.jpg
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• nero1701nero1701 Frets: 770
    Looks like a 65 Twin reverb re-issue,
    Lovely amp, I may move my 68 Princeton RI to get one of these at some point
    My Trading Feedback

"If it smells like shit...It is probably shit"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Yes, '65 Twin Reverb Reissue.

The current list on these is around £2K (!), but powerful, heavy amps don't hold their value very well these days unfortunately - you'll probably be lucky to get even half that. Selling one non-locally isn't that easy either, due to the difficulty of adequately packing it to withstand couriers - they can do a lot of damage to themselves even when well-protected, due to the inertia of the internal components - and the cost once done.

You aren't close enough to nero1701 to meet up and PX, by any chance...? :)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2725
    Thanks chaps, much appreciated.  I’ll stick up an ad and see if someone can make use of it and enjoy it.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter