Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Using Maschine Mikro with Reaper - advice required - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Using Maschine Mikro with Reaper - advice required

I'm reasonably well versed in the use of Reaper with VST Instruments, however I'm a bit stuck with one particular configuration.

I've can successfully use my Maschine Mikro as a midi controller, having worked out midi mode and pad assignment using the Conroller Editor software. So no problem with scenario one where I'm using the Mikro to play and record a midi track with a VST plugin like EZ Drummer.

However the second scenario that I'm struggling with is when I want to do the same thing, play and record a Reaper midi track, using the Maschine VST plugin. If I have the Mikro in native mode, I can trigger Maschine sounds exactly as you would expect. However, a midi track doesn't get recorded in Reaper. If I switch to midi mode, which appears to be the logical thing to do. I can't get pads to trigger individual sounds in the Maschine VST - instead the same sound is triggered no matter what pad I play. I've tried changing the midi notes of each sound and mapping to pads using the Controller Editor, but doesn't appear to make any difference?

Appreciate this is a bit of niche question, however I thought it would be worth asking, in case anyone else is using this set-up. I've tried googling for the answer, but so far, no joy.
The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1391
    Do you have the key mode set to manual and the source set to host?   Also, do you have a kit loaded and are in group mode?   I'm also assuming you are recording a midi track and have the input set to Maschine midi
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ewalewal Frets: 2359
    Yes I'm wanting to record a midi track in Reaper, but if I have the Mikro in midi mode, I can't get the pads to map to different sounds. I have got it working with the Mikro in native mode, however with midi being recorded within the Machine plugin instance.

Yes, I have kit loaded. I'll check out the other things you mention.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience