Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). For Strat/Tele players and fuzz face users - - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

For Strat/Tele players and fuzz face users -

What's Hot
soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304

Just installed this. Absolute gamechanger if you own a Strat (or tele)

https://www.homeoftone.co.uk/products/cts-premium-tad-vintage-series-dished-back-250k-pots-solid-short-shaft?variant=43571710296319

Such a brilliant taper. Even though I had a fancypants TVT 'true vintage taper' pot in there before this new one makes the whole of the pot super useable throughout its range (brilliant with a fuzz face) and it's much lower torque so great for volume swells etc. 

Honestly it's so cheap for such an upgrade to the overall useability of the guitar. 

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Thanks for the recommendation , I'll order some now. My previous faves ( prs branded) seem to be impossible to buy or ludicrously expensive, now.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    Been having loads of fun this afternoon getting lots more flavour and variations than my last vol pot could muster with the fuzz. Sounds like I have shares in them I know but it's made me disproportionately happy compared to say buying a new pedal.

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 291
    I’ve got no idea what you’re talking about and can’t quite get my tiny, pea-sized brain to understand how a pot could possibly make any difference, but I’ve bought one anyway so will give it a go at some point.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    hahaha

So on my last volume pot with a fuzz face all the action was 10- all out fuzz, 9 - lovely bright crunch - 7 - glassy cleans and that was it. 

On the new pot the adjustments are so much more gradual so you can get a lot more shades of each of those variations of tones. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter