Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Sorted: WTB Telecaster pickup set - Parts £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Sorted: WTB Telecaster pickup set

neil_dneil_d Frets: 15
edited August 2023 in Parts £
I'm looking to buy a set of telecaster pickups (standard SS configuration). I'd like to avoid 'Twisted Tele' or 'Texas Special', but open to other suggestions in the more classic tele tone area. Budget is sub £90 for the set. Let me know what you've got!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086

I've got sets from a Fender Japan Blue Flower Tele or Mexican Player Tele if they're of interest.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • neil_dneil_d Frets: 15
    Paul_C said:

I've got sets from a Fender Japan Blue Flower Tele or Mexican Player Tele if they're of interest.

Yes. How do the two sets compare, in you opinion?
  • Hi,

I have a pair of Fender Vintera 50s pickups that came out of a one year old 50s Telecaster. Nothing wrong with them, just had a hotter set sitting by. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    A pair of Mexican '69 Thinline Reissue pickups? £40 posted. Less than half your budget!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 761
    I have an Oil City Rock Delta set