Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). thin sliver of Ash needed - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

thin sliver of Ash needed

What's Hot
As the title really, building a parts caster and the neck pocket is about 1mm wider than the neck. I can get away with a thin slice of veneer on the bass side and it'll be spot on, if anyone has a small bit hanging around I'd be more than willing to pay for it, 

Cheers 
Ian
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Offcuts of expired credit/debit/banking card might suffice.

Thread title had me worried that you were trying to either obtain a DNA sample from the Oil City Pickups main man or, worse, that you are in training to become a rabbi. 
    Be seeing you.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    I've just had to do exactly the same thing on the neck pocket on a body I made and routed it a tiny bit too wide.  I can't recall how I ended up with them (other than being a jackdaw for "things that might be useful sometime later"), but I found some of those wide wooden tongue-depressing spatulas that GPs used to use when they used to actually examine you and made you stick out your tongue and say "Aaaaah".  They are just wide enough to go the full depth of the neck pocket.  They are made from what looks like beech and my body is alder, so they are much the same shade.  They are marginally too thick, so I cut one in half, stuck some double-sided tape on one side, and used that for finger grip so I could rub it along some coarse sandpaper on a flat desk to thickness it.  This has worked perfectly for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • These guys will sell you a sample of wood veneer for a pound a pop, I haven't done it in a while but they always used to be about A5 size.
    Standard wood veneer is 0.7mm thick.

https://www.capitalcrispin.com/our-veneers/
    Blackbird Cabs - bespoke guitar cabinets, handcrafted in North Devon
    sam@blackbirdcabs.com

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4005
    These guys will sell you a sample of wood veneer for a pound a pop, I haven't done it in a while but they always used to be about A5 size.

Cheers, just ordered a sheet ty :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    These guys will sell you a sample of wood veneer for a pound a pop, I haven't done it in a while but they always used to be about A5 size.

That's a good link.  At the moment they are sending the first 5 veneer samples for free.  Each one thereafter is £1.