Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). FS - Pickups - Seymour Duncan, Alegree, Axesrus, MIJ, Toltec and some free stuff - Parts £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

FS - Pickups - Seymour Duncan, Alegree, Axesrus, MIJ, Toltec and some free stuff

What's Hot
prismrock2003prismrock2003 Frets: 25
edited August 2023 in Parts £
Hello,

I thought I'd have a bit of a clear out of some stuff I've been saving and won't be using anytime soon in a bid to reduce the amount of parts and bits I have hidden away. I seem to have a problem with buying pickups at the minute and just storing them in a drawer so this is a bit of a cul of them, before I will inevitably buy some more. Most of these have been bought or saved to put in a 1985 Tokai Love Rock I have but i never get round to doing it and end up buying more and more pickups as each month goes by when  something interesting comes up. I have a set of Greco Scream'in 82's in it so ive never been in a rush to swap them out.

Ill split this up into two parts. For Sale and Free Stuff. Parts for sale will include postage in the price and the free stuff will just need the postage paid. I'll try and keep it as cheap as possible for you when posting. I'll happily combine parts too if you like.

For sale;

·       MIJ PAF pickups; £60 for the set, £35 per pickup       Sold 

These are a set of old MIJ PAF pickups which i think are from an Orville going by pictures i've seen on Reverb etc. They have the same construction of other Fujigen manufactured pickups (Greco Scream'in 82's) without a 2 conductor braided cable. These are nickel covered, with some nice aging. They measure 7.6K each and are both 50mm spacing.

·       Alegree Old Timer Top Hat neck pickup in double cream; £20 SOLD

This is new and never fitted. I bought it to compare it to a Seymour Duncan APH1N i had at the time, but never got round to fitting it before selling the APH1N. Measures at 7.5k and 50mm spacing.

·       Axesrus Mucky Puppy bridge pickup in all black (screws and slugs too). £40 (WITHDRAWN)

Again bought for the Tokai but has just sat in a drawer since then. Measures at 9.7k and 50mm spacing.

·       Toltec Alnico II humbucker. £30 (WITHDRAWN)

Black open coil humbucker. Measures at 7.7k and 50mm spacing.

·       Gotoh LS Dynamic Pickups (I think). Double Cream Super Distortion styled pickups.  £50 for the set, £30 per pickup.

These would be somewhat similar to what my Tokai would have had from the factory. Give or take a few years. Measures at Neck is 11.5k and 48mm spacing and Bridge is 11.6k and 50mm spacing.

·       Axesrus Hotrail. £25

All black. I'm not sure which model this is as both the TT-73 and TT-LD have the same DC resistance so i cant tell. It is an Axesrus pickup but the sticker for the logo on the back has come off ages ago. Came in a Fender mustang i bought that i returned to stock before eventually selling it. Measures at 12.9k

·       Tokai/Gotoh machine heads. £20  SOLD

These came as spares with a 2008 Tokai LS 125 i had years ago. It had a set of Grovers installed when i bought it so i think these were original, however with the Japan stamp, I'm not sure if Tokai was using Gotoh at the time for hardware. I know i bought a set of Gotoh SD90s that were identical to these 

Cheers

Michael
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• prismrock2003prismrock2003 Frets: 25
    edited August 2023
    Hope this is ok. I had to split the post up into two because it was so large it was struggling with the images.

Free stuff;

·       Strat SSS pickguard in cream. Not sure what make or anything but comes with pots and switch. GONE

·       Strat HSS pickguard in parchment?  Not sure what make or anything but comes with middle pickup pots and switch. GONE

·       Strat SSS pickguard in pearloid. Not sure what make but I think its a Fender guard. I bought it with custom shop pickups, so may have been a loaded guard. Does have a repair too.

·       Marshall rocker switch x2. New. Bought to replace the switch on a 2525c Silver Jubilee Combo but that switch was sightly different in that it was more of a frosted plastic. These are for a JCM, JVM etc

·       Marshall amber JTM panel indicator light. New. I bought this to replace the light on a 50th anniversary JTM-1H. Turns out it was just a lose connection. Seems they are using the same par on the new Studio JTM too.

·       CTS stack knob pot. This came out of a Flea Jazz bass. I though there was an issue with the pot but it turned out to be the pickup itself that had died. GONE

·       Metal single coil surrounds. I think these are one tele neck pickup sized and one strat pickup sized. GONE

·       Strap locks. Came with the Mustang mentioned earlier, no screws though. GONE

·       Squier Bass Bridge - Came of a Squier mini P bass I stuck a himass bridge on it. No screws

·       Squier neck plate and screws - Came of the same mini p bass as well as the string tree. GONE

·       Bass Strings - I have 2 sets of unopened Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky bass strings. I'm almost certain these are fakes so free. Can also throw in a set of slightly used Rotosound swing 66 nickel set. These are real. I had them on a full scale jazz bass so should fit most standard scale basses. GONE

Cheers

Michael 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    I'll take the SSS pickguard but let me pay you for it. I will DM you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8281
    Pm'd re; the MIJ PAFs
  • Replied
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1257
    I'll take the hss scratchplate please.
     pm me your details and how much .
  • Replied
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1257
    Replied
    Thanks just pm me how much i owe you and i will get the money accross.
  • Bump. MIJ PAFs sold. Both loaded pickguards and bass strings gone 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    I'll definitely take the Gotoh machineheads. Currently mulling over the Alegree Old Timer humbucker.
    Be seeing you.
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    Ah, missed out on the machine heads. Glad they've gone though. :)
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • prismrock2003prismrock2003 Frets: 25
    edited September 2023
    Bump for whats still available with added Seymour Duncan '59

·       Seymour Duncan '59 - 80's or 90's BL version £75       SOLD on eBay

80's or 90's '59 BL labeled SH-1B. 49.2mm pole spacing and I'm sure it measures at 8.2k but ill double check later. I do have a raw nickel cover I can throw in to if you like.

·       Gotoh LS Dynamic Pickups (I think). Double Cream Super Distortion styled pickups.  £50 for the set, £30 per pickup.     SOLD on eBay

These would be somewhat similar to what my Tokai would have had from the factory. Give or take a few years. Measures at Neck is 11.5k and 48mm spacing and Bridge is 11.6k and 50mm spacing.

·       Axesrus Hotrail. £25

All black. I'm not sure which model this is as both the TT-73 and TT-LD have the same DC resistance so i cant tell. It is an Axesrus pickup but the sticker for the logo on the back has come off ages ago. Came in a Fender mustang i bought that i returned to stock before eventually selling it. Measures at 12.9k

FREE STUFF STILL AVAILABLE 

·       Strat SSS pickguard in pearloid. Not sure what make but I think its a Fender guard. I bought it with custom shop pickups, so may have been a loaded guard. Does have a repair too.

·       Marshall rocker switch x2. New. Bought to replace the switch on a 2525c Silver Jubilee Combo but that switch was sightly different in that it was more of a frosted plastic. These are for a JCM, JVM etc

·       Marshall amber JTM panel indicator light. New. I bought this to replace the light on a 50th anniversary JTM-1H. Turns out it was just a lose connection. Seems they are using the same par on the new Studio JTM too.

·       Squier Bass Bridge - Came of a Squier mini P bass I stuck a himass bridge on it. No screws

Cheers

Michael

**Added to this thread**