Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Mesa Mini Rectifier, PRS MT15, ENGL Ironball SE - Amps £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Mesa Mini Rectifier, PRS MT15, ENGL Ironball SE

What's Hot
wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 414
edited August 2023 in Amps £
Great little lunchbox amps all of these. 

The Mini Rectifier does the Rectifier thing amazingly well but it's a lot more flexible than that. Check out some of the Youtube reviews, it can really be a one amp to gig almost all of what you need for a low weight solution in a little bag. Asking 850, recent sales on Ebay vary between there and 950.

PRS MT15.....stunning little amp, the gain sounds are monstrous. 375.

ENGL Ironball SE...like the Schecter in my guitar post I won this in a competition. I have a lot of amps so haven't used it....plan was to keep it and use it as a practice amp in my lounge but something's come up that I want so I'm listing it. Asking 800.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 414
    Added pics.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Ah, a discerning jazz player I see!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Ah, a discerning jazz player I see!
    You are witnessing the rebirth 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Ah, a discerning jazz player I see!
    Haha, appearances can be deceptive. I do actually mainly play jazz and cleans are my main sounds. However, I also love metal past and present and like to have a variety of sound options available to me including the typical gain sounds of different eras and countries (Germany, UK, USA, Italy)
    In terms of playing stuff, last night I was playing some Tesseract, some Primus, and some Pleasure on bass, and some bebop standards on guitar. Day before I was writing a personal tribute to Allan Holdsworth via midi guitar. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Have to admit I do have my eye on these. Considering trading one of my four-hole single channel amps for something high gain for an upcoming recording project 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    roberty said:
    Have to admit I do have my eye on these. Considering trading one of my four-hole single channel amps for something high gain for an upcoming recording project 
    If you want the classic high gain sound from 90's to now then may I recommend the Rectumfrier? (I am like an amp somelier)
    It has all the power and punch of the big ones and it's a lot more flexible with what you can do with it as well. Low and mid-gain sounds are really quite lovely with it, which isn't the case on the big ones (I had a 2 channel Rev G Dual Rec for a decade or so)

If you want something a bit more modern and want to focus on the lead tone then the PRS MT15 is probably the one to go for. Scorching leads with this thing.

The Engl I'd prefer to keep of the 3, not because it sounds better but because it's the only Engl I've owned and it can be used with headphones. That would also do your high gain needs but I think the other two might suit you better.
    Cheers @wizbit81 I have to admit this is all new to me. The mesa would probably be best going from your description. The PT15 sounds good in the demos but I am using pedals for lead sounds. The Engl looks really cool but I have a Captor X for IRs so I wouldn't use those features

Either way I will need to sell something first (probably my JTM45) before I am in the market. I've got a clean sound shootout on my to-do list before making that decision :-)

Sorry for the info dump. Have a bump on me
    No apology necessary, always happy to discuss. Cheers for the bump and yes, let me know once you're in position to buy and I'd be happy to sell you the Mesa. Comes with carry bag, footswitch etc and it's quite light, very easy for taking to rehearsals and gigs should you wish.
    Bumpty, interest on the MT15, assuming I can find the box and bits that are somewhere in the garage! :D
    Bump, found the original box, cover, and footswitch for the MT15. In answer to another forum member's question, the MT15 has 6L6's in it.
    Bump.
  • TTT
  • Onwards and upwards! TO VICTORY (not the amps, and now I've mentioned them I have no affiliation and I'm not a secret owner of the company/board member.)