Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NGD - Taylor GS Mini Koa - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NGD - Taylor GS Mini Koa

ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 1966
edited August 2023 in Acoustics
I don't usually hang on to acoustics for long but I'm hopeful this one might stay around for a while.

Inspired by Damon Albarn using one at Wembley and wanting a small acoustic for the sofa / living room primarily, I bought one of these that popped up second hand locally.

Taylor are always mentioned in the "what acoustic for an electric player" discussions and I've never had one before - primarily due to cost and the regular urge to move on as I get distracted by the electrics. But I do miss having an acoustic when I haven't got one - they are just so handy when you want a quick strum. 

Anyway, this is one of the Koa models - not sure what pickup system is installed. I assumed ES2 because it has the three sexy knobs but I've no idea if that means ES2 or something else. Unimportant really as it'll rarely, if ever, be plugged in. 

Sounds good and is easily managed slouched on the settee - boxes ticked.

I am, however, 6'4" and not exactly slim so I don't think I'll be taking it out busking anytime soon. But for what I want it for, it will hopefully stick around.

Here's a pic. It's a pretty little thing. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments