Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). I have a better one of these - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

I have a better one of these

What's Hot
JfingersJfingers Frets: 283
edited August 2023 in Acoustics

I have a better example of one of these and bought it for a tenner. I've had it for over eighteen years. It's in my living room now. Is anyone interested in it's story? The price on the bay thing is laughable btw.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3144
    Bet yours isn’t acustic?  :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 283
    drofluf said:
    Bet yours isn’t acustic?  :)
    It very much isn't.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3144
    Seriously though it looks interesting. Is it a bad photo or is the upper bout really wider than the lower?
    @drofluf it's just the camera angle I think. You can see the shape better in some of the other pics.
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Jfingers said:
    The price on the bay thing is laughable btw.
    It's a Martin, innit.
    jellyroll said:
    Jfingers said:
    The price on the bay thing is laughable btw.
    It's a Martin, innit.
    Mine doesn't have whatever that elongated diamond logo thing between the bridge and the soundhole, and I would say it never has.

Mine does still have the manufacturers label inside it. Lignatone is the brand, made in Czechoslovakia.
    The label is red and white, as far as I can make out that makes it earlier than some which have a black and silver label.

It's an interesting guitar and I'm very fond of it.
  • bluecatbluecat Frets: 429
    I remember the Martin coletti guitars in the fifties, you could buy them in record shops and small music shops for not a lot of money , used a lot in skiffle groups at the time with a wash board and thimbles, and a tea chest bass. Those were the days.