Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Lou Reed live at the Paris Olympia 1974 - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Lou Reed live at the Paris Olympia 1974

What's Hot
Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 189
edited August 2023 in Music
Various footage from this legendary concert has been around for years in very low resolution, so I was surprised to discover that a direct digitisation from from VHS tape was done in 2018. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 6476
    Its taken me a while to get round to watching that but what a great clip. Some seriously funked up versions there  - almost Blockhead-esque
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1896
    Anybody know who the guitarist is on this?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Lodious said:
    Steve Hunter ?  It doesn’t look like Dick Wagner and IIRC those were the two go to guys for LR during this period 
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1896
    Lodious said:
    Steve Hunter ?  It doesn’t look like Dick Wagner and IIRC those were the two go to guys for LR during this period 
    Thanks Con. I must admit, I’ve never heard of him, but his playing is great in on this. 
    Lodious said:
    Lodious said:
    Thanks Con. I must admit, I’ve never heard of him, but his playing is great in on this. 
    Yep I agree, whether its him or not Ive always thought that Lous biggest talent was getting great band members and session guys to collaborate with. Probably the best example being Herbie Flower's bassline(s) on WOTWS which he got paid standard studio rate for but elevated the tune IMHO.

Edit sorry just realised I'm probably teaching you to suck eggs @Lodious !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • idiotwindidiotwind Frets: 214
    Lodious said:
    That's what I thought, but it's actually Danny Weis who apparently co-founded Iron Butterfly but left before In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida.  He played on Sally Can't Dance and the tour that followed.  Hunter/Wagner were on the Rock and Roll Animal tour the year before this.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    idiotwind said:
    Lodious said:
    That's what I thought, but it's actually Danny Weis who apparently co-founded Iron Butterfly but left before In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida.  He played on Sally Can't Dance and the tour that followed.  Hunter/Wagner were on the Rock and Roll Animal tour the year before this.
    Ah fantastic info thanks @idiotwind , I’ll do some googling as that’s a new name for me